Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which hose connectors?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dale Transparent

Hi All, I am just wondering if you have any recommendations for hose connections? Any particular brand?

I am running 12mm hose from pumps to Di vessel fitted with male swivel connections, so I'm looking at attachments that join the hose to the swivel connections.

Have previously used Hoselock aquastops, but they don't seem to be durable and I am replacing on an annual basis.

Thanks in advance, Dale

Hi All, I am just wondering if you have any recommendations for hose connections? Any particular brand?

I am running 12mm hose from pumps to Di vessel fitted with male swivel connections, so I'm looking at attachments that join the hose to the swivel connections.

Have previously used Hoselock aquastops, but they don't seem to be durable and I am replacing on an annual basis.

Thanks in advance, Dale
claber make great connectors. If you mean joining a hose to the hose reel most swivel connectors are pants and leak. A commercial direct fitment 3/4 high pressure rated fitting would best suit. 

That is proving you have a 3/4 bsp fitting

https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/shop/water-fed-window-cleaning/hoses-reels/heavy-duty-90deg-hosereel-swivel/

20200804_172148.jpg

claber make great connectors. If you mean joining a hose to the hose reel most swivel connectors are pants and leak. A commercial direct fitment 3/4 high pressure rated fitting would best suit. 

That is proving you have a 3/4 bsp fitting

https://www.bladerightcleaningsupplies.co.uk/shop/water-fed-window-cleaning/hoses-reels/heavy-duty-90deg-hosereel-swivel/

View attachment 21548
Perfect except I use a rectus 26 barb on the end to be able to remove the reel easily.

Thanks both, I have rectus fittings connecting my reel, but I am look for fittings to link my pump hose to the Di vessel, if that makes sense.

Thanks both, I have rectus fittings connecting my reel, but I am look for fittings to link my pump hose to the Di vessel, if that makes sense.
I used to use the hoselock system (standard hose pipe connector) but I was sick of them not fitting properly and weeping, so got sick of it and just put my bare hose directly onto the male fitting of the hoselock system and got an oclip big enough to hold it and it has never dripped since I did it 5 months ago. 

If you struggle getting the hose over, boil the kettle and leave the end in a mug of boiling water for a few minutes and it will pop straight on. 

I used to use the hoselock system (standard hose pipe connector) but I was sick of them not fitting properly and weeping, so got sick of it and just put my bare hose directly onto the male fitting of the hoselock system and got an oclip big enough to hold it and it has never dripped since I did it 5 months ago. 

If you struggle getting the hose over, boil the kettle and leave the end in a mug of boiling water for a few minutes and it will pop straight on. 
Thanks @Baldmonkey, I was considering this, but wasn't sure if it would work or not. Do you remove the rubber o-rings on the male fitting or do they create a seal?

Thanks @Baldmonkey, I was considering this, but wasn't sure if it would work or not. Do you remove the rubber o-rings on the male fitting or do they create a seal?
I've done the same as #Baldmonkey suggested to you. I left the O ring on and heated the hose. I used two Jubilee (hose) clips successfully. They've been on for a couple of years but his idea of using compression O rings is probably better. ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back