Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Left controller on...

Bwfc

Hi there I left my controller on overnight..

Will it damage my pump?

I have put battery on charge today. It was saying 40 percent charged so not too low

Wouldn't think it'll damage the pump as it will have its own built in pressure cut off. You may find it has strained the connections on your pipework though if it has built up pressure, so just be on the lookout for any leaks/weeping just in case. I left mine on for 2 days once and all it had done was make one hozelock joint weep a little. Pump is still fine 2 years later?

Will it damage my pump?

I have put battery on charge today. It was saying 40 percent charged so not too low
if in doubt fit a power isolation switch before the controller which kills all power to it. That's what I have 

Yeah I've left mine on overnight too after forgetting to turn it off. I'm pretty sure, knowing my dumb a**, it'll not be the last time I do it either.

Question, if you have a split relay or B2B charger, will it still charge if power is being drawn from the battery? So driving between jobs do you need to switch the controller off for it to charge?

Question, if you have a split relay or B2B charger, will it still charge if power is being drawn from the battery? So driving between jobs do you need to switch the controller off for it to charge?
I'd be fairly sure it will still charge, providing the charge rate exceeds the rate of draw. Ie, if your charge rate is 8 amps but your controller was drawing 2 amps, your net charge rate would be 6 amps. I may be wrong. There are far more knowledgeable guys on here than me that will clarify one way or the other.

I'd be fairly sure it will still charge, providing the charge rate exceeds the rate of draw. Ie, if your charge rate is 8 amps but your controller was drawing 2 amps, your net charge rate would be 6 amps. I may be wrong. There are far more knowledgeable guys on here than me that will clarify one way or the other.
Ahh ok got you. ?

Will it damage my pump?

Hi The Spring manufactured V11 pump controller can be left in DE for extended periods without damage to the pump. As previous post the hoses and connectors are under pressure and just checking these are not leaking is a good idea. While the controller has the pump in DE current draw is next to nothing so there is no load on the pump motor.

Re the battery being at 40% capacity if its a lead acid leisure battery most battery manufacturers recommend not going below 50%. The battery would benefit form an occasional bench charge with a mains charger as this helps keep the lead cells in good condition.

The following link looks at battery discharge - recharge cycles https://www.progressivedyn.com/service/battery-basics/

Hi The Spring manufactured V11 pump controller can be left in DE for extended periods without damage to the pump. As previous post the hoses and connectors are under pressure and just checking these are not leaking is a good idea. While the controller has the pump in DE current draw is next to nothing so there is no load on the pump motor.

Re the battery being at 40% capacity if its a lead acid leisure battery most battery manufacturers recommend not going below 50%. The battery would benefit form an occasional bench charge with a mains charger as this helps keep the lead cells in good condition.

The following link looks at battery discharge - recharge cycles https://www.progressivedyn.com/service/battery-basics/
I normally charge it every couple days & it's normally on 55 so surprisingly how much just leaving it on a day & a half drained battery so much. U live & learn tho. Appreciate the replies

Back