Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Steel wool or scraper

mark2788

I usually use a scraper to remove anything from the window but obviously carries the risk of scratching, I occasionally use 0000 steel wool but wondered if there's any similar product as good or better and if any can be used multiple times. Thanks 

I usually use a scraper to remove anything from the window but obviously carries the risk of scratching, I occasionally use 0000 steel wool but wondered if there's any similar product as good or better and if any can be used multiple times. Thanks 
Nothing beats the 6" Unger scraper but it must be used in conjunction with water or you can damage the glass. I first cover the glass with pure and scrape away then clean the window again and giving a good rinse. ?

Bronze wool pads or Walnut pads are amazing. No rust no cross contamination or cut fingers 

Yep I’ll second the bronze wool pads from da-components. Brilliant and I just wash them with warm water when I’ve finished with them and let the dry and re-use again and again. They’re brilliant.

Latest Posts

Back