ultimate high reach pole

Cant really afford it at mo, but bet the gardiners ultimate high reach is great for those higher jobs.Id only need it for 2nd floor though, and also for solar panels which are tricky to reach. Guess im just gonna go cheaper option and get extension 6 and 7 for my slx 22, though still might not quite be high enough for some solar roof panels.

1 hour ago, ks789 said:

Cant really afford it at mo, but bet the gardiners ultimate high reach is great for those higher jobs.Id only need it for 2nd floor though, and also for solar panels which are tricky to reach. Guess im just gonna go cheaper option and get extension 6 and 7 for my slx 22, though still might not quite be high enough for some solar roof panels.

check out Ov8 poles. So much better than Gardiner

7 hours ago, ks789 said:

You missed out unfortunately as Gardiner's were selling off some 3k Super Max sections the other week I bought 3 sections to make a spare 18ft pole but have section #1 on my daily pole and makes a big difference to rigidity at height when doing veluxs as my 22ft with two extensions would catch the guttering on some jobs 

6 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

You do seem anti Gardiners @Apw1210.

All I can say is that the SLX poles I have got have done me well. My current everyday SLX22 is now 9 years old. Its been lacquered a few times, the tape stop replaced numerous times and one clamp upgrade set to the latest clamps.

I can't complain at that.

58 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

You missed out unfortunately as Gardiner's were selling off some 3k Super Max sections the other week I bought 3 sections to make a spare 18ft pole but have section #1 on my daily pole and makes a big difference to rigidity at height when doing veluxs as my 22ft with two extensions would catch the guttering on some jobs 

Ah just seen that, I should've kept my eye out.

58 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Are the super Max’s that much stiffer @Iron Giant ? I was considering one as my next pole.

10 hours ago, AGlassAct said:

Are the super Max’s that much stiffer @Iron Giant ? I was considering one as my next pole.

Each section is a lot stiffer compared to a Xtreme or an SLX a couple of top sections should be ideal, they are longer sections and of course more weighty so that needs bearing in mind 

Crystalalan
19 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

13 hours ago, spruce said:

You do seem anti Gardiners @Apw1210.

All I can say is that the SLX poles I have got have done me well. My current everyday SLX22 is now 9 years old. Its been lacquered a few times, the tape stop replaced numerous times and one clamp upgrade set to the latest clamps.

I can't complain at that.

I have a 17 foot ova 8 and yes its pretty good. I also have a 40 foot ova 8 and my god its heavy. I reckon you would probably be better off with a gardiner as it would be lighter

33 minutes ago, Crystalalan said:

I have a 17 foot ova 8 and yes its pretty good. I also have a 40 foot ova 8 and my god its heavy. I reckon you would probably be better off with a gardiner as it would be lighter

This is why I think best for me to stick with my slx22 for vast majority of my work, and just add on extensions for odd 3 floor high windows and solar panels, and those super max's would prob work better with that weight.