Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ro membrane help

• Thread starter Deleted member 84
  • Start date
WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

Deleted member 84

hi guys in need of some help please, my system is x 2 10 inch amor low pressure membranes. so my waters ppm is 285 ppm before going through the filters, with the system running properly the water is reading 020ppm but if i leave the flush on its bringing that down to 010 ppm, why is this?

also can the water pressure be too high for these filters at all? its running 80 psi last time i looked

thanks

You do realise you need to allow waste to exit the membrane? When you say ' if i leave the flush on its bringing that down to 010 ppm' you do have the waste tap allowing flow?

You do realise you need to allow waste to exit the membrane? When you say ' if i leave the flush on its bringing that down to 010 ppm' you do have the waste tap allowing flow?
yes the system is 10 year old, im usually know what im doing but finding this odd, so when it is set to flush the waste pipe chucks more water out than normal, and in turn its the best readings im getting from them membranes doing this. as soon as i turn flush off and leave it one hour before testing its back up to 023 ppm

I believe you need to balance the flow out to get best tds out. Too much flow and you will be wasting tap water, too low and I don't think membranes work efficiently. I Think you want something like 60% water out is waste 40% is pure. 

so ive found out what was causing the problem the last pre filter some of the foam with that has broken off and blocked the first membrane, so the extra flushing pressure was helping by pass all the **** that had come through

Back