Citrosol for UPVC

ShropsWindowCleaner

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hi all. Does anyone else use Citrosol for UPVC gutter and fascia cleans? I’ve been using it to good effect for quite a while now. Just need to dilute it correctly and rinse fairly quickly to avoid staining. It cleans really well however, and gets rid of algae very efficiently. I’m always up for suggestions of better gutter and fascia cleaners 👍🏻

Edited by ShropsWindowCleaner

I can't comment on Citrosol but a few months ago I trawled loads of old posts on the forum to find out what the forums favourite cleaner is. I came to the conclusion it is Viro-sol so I ordered some in to try, I have been very impressed with that and have just taken delivery of two more containers of it.

I would guess that they are very similar products.

• Like 1

I have only ever used screwfix degreaser as I am always worried about staining glass. Does Virosol stain when dry? 🤔

5 hours ago, JBC said:

I have only ever used screwfix degreaser as I am always worried about staining glass. Does Virosol stain when dry? 🤔

Provided you dilute it 10-1 it’s fine evan if it dries on plastic and glass been using it around 15 years never had a problem , if you need to  use it neat don’t let it dry apply scrub and rinse straight away .