Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

House brickwork clean

Gasket

Hi Guys,

I've been asked to clean an area of brickwork where the customer removed some form of ivy.  Its left behind what looks like black dark dust, not the usual suckers that ivy leave. Did a test patch with a firm sill brush and cold pure only and it did lighten it slightly. What would you recommend, only have water fed pole and separate  back pack for usual fsg chemicals. 

Picture attached. 

Many thanks 

Screenshot_20200807-153103_Gallery.jpg

Yes I've got that job too and the conny roof.  Would you pressure wash off platform , ladder , or have high reach lance ?
I would do it off a ladder because it wouldn't take long. Put the ladder up beneath the pvc and PW the wall when halfway up. I'm getting so busy with roof cleans that I'm buying a quick build scaffold.

Thank you, really appreciate your help.  I will give it a go. Is it worth pre soaking with Virosol, i know Hypo has been mentioned , but I'm not experienced with it, and fear the worst lol

There is a reason he posted in the Softwash Cleaning section and not the window cleaning section 
Well I would't have known that as I click on Whats New then Recent topics and scroll down to read.

Still don;t get it though with the brick cleaning.

Well I would't have known that as I click on Whats New then Recent topics and scroll down to read.

Still don;t get it though with the brick cleaning.
Fair do's I just don't get why you come across negative at times when people are on here asking questions and looking for advice and help. 

Fair do's I just don't get why you come across negative at times when people are on here asking questions and looking for advice and help. 
Sorry if I come across as negative, maybe it's the 36 years of doing the job has gradually ground me down.

The website says windowcleaningforums and I clean windows hence I am on here to nosey around and see whats new and upcoming bar wfp.  I get asked sometimes if I do gardening or painting as well as cleaning gutters but just simply reply windows only but cleaning bricks is a new one on me and simply takes the biscuit.

Sorry if I come across as negative, maybe it's the 36 years of doing the job has gradually ground me down.

The website says windowcleaningforums and I clean windows hence I am on here to nosey around and see whats new and upcoming bar wfp.  I get asked sometimes if I do gardening or painting as well as cleaning gutters but just simply reply windows only but cleaning bricks is a new one on me and simply takes the biscuit.
I used to think like that. Many moons ago an old queen asked a lad I worked with to not only wipe the sill but also the brickwork underneath. He laughed and smiled and walked away politely. Apparently there’s a lot of money to be made from cleaning stonework these days. Ignorance is bliss. 

I used to think like that. Many moons ago an old queen asked a lad I worked with to not only wipe the sill but also the brickwork underneath. He laughed and smiled and walked away politely. Apparently there’s a lot of money to be made from cleaning stonework these days. Ignorance is bliss. 
Yes I don't disagree with you and probably is money to be made with it.

Hypothetically if I was offered a similar job and could make a monkey out of it then for financial gain this would be awesome but then I would have to waste my time hiring the correct equipment as all I have is a couple of sets of ladders and a point along with a bucket of trad gear. Then I would have to research best way of cleaning the job and what materials/chemicals etc etc. Finally I would be dreading a major workout with hassle and get my self stressed.

20 - 30 years ago I would have probably be well up for the challenge of a nice earner but I have done all my 7 days a week work and every bank holiday and even Christmas Days from when I used to clean 3 fish and chips floors and windows as well as a few betting offices. The continual 4am starts eventually took its toll.  Now I just work 6 or 7 in morning till lunch time 3 or 4 days a week and this suits me with quality work rather than quantity.  I enjoy winding down now and cherry picking the commercial work.

Back