Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting tank frame

HWCS

So ive picked up my new 2018 vivaro, and my neighbour was gonna help me fit the tank tomorrow BUT the fuel tank underneath is huge compared to my old 2006 vivaro.

Has anybody fitted a 650ltr tank inside a new vivaro, if so how did it go, im really not comfy dropping the fuel tank but at the same time i do need the van ready for Mondays work.

Could you just ratchet it tight until you have more time to drop the fuel tank and fix in the cage. If you feel a little uncomfortable doing this I would just get a mechanic to fit it.

Dropping the fuel tank is a pain but not difficult it’s only about4 bolts there is enough hose into the tank to let it drop enough to tighten up and bolts 

Could you just ratchet it tight until you have more time to drop the fuel tank and fix in the cage. If you feel a little uncomfortable doing this I would just get a mechanic to fit it.
If it was a 350/400 flat then maybe but I wouldn’t risk a 650 especially if it’s an upright. 

In all fairness, if you are asking then you may be better off having a professional fit it.

you need to consider the position in terms of the weight distribution/load in the vehicle and within this ensure it has enough points to safely secure through the floor. Too much to the front or rear and you may overload a particular axle. Spruce has commented on this a fair bit if I’m correct. It may be helpful to do a search and read up on it.

there will be a limited zone in which the tank can be fitted and then within that you need to consider what suits your layout and other equipment.

what works for someone else with the same van may not be suitable for you based on the above and which specific type of tank it is you see. We have two of this van type but have ionic medium frame tanks fitted so the footprint will not be the same as their footprint os more squared than most. 

Update, afte looking at it my neighbour told me i was a 'f@*$#ng melt' and to "get out the way"

20 minutes later i had my
spacer.png
and tank fitted, no need to drop tank and still plenty of room under for the 4" anchor plates.

spacer.png
spacer.png

20200809_174520.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done for getting it in. Good luck for first day in new van and don't forget more picys of the install. ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes no difference what size or shape , either way you have a crash at decent speed that tanks coming towards you, them anchor hooks are only rated at 50kg 
Most decent vans anchor hooks are rated at 250kg, or at least the old connects are. 
Tbh no matter how you hold it in if you have a crash at a fair speed your cream crackered any way although the laws of physics make flat tanks a hell of a lot safer. 

Back