Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can you use system without driving

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Could somebody help me out here me and my mate don't drive and we are looking to know can u use a system to clean windows without driving
No not really. There was a lady in Scotland who used a bicycle with a trailer but soon gave that up. She now has a van.

You can run a window cleaning round traditionally with ladders but it will be difficult as you really need a compact round to make that work and even then, that won't be easy.

Its the same as asking if you can travel to the moon but you don't have a rocket.

Most of us will use between 350 and 500 liters of pure water a day. 500 liters weighs 1/2 a ton. You aren't going to move that around by hand. So sorry, you need to get your drivers licenses first I'm afraid.

Last edited by a moderator:
No learn to drive or go around the estates with a ladder on a push bike. Seen plenty doing just that in Belfast and Londonderry.

Good luck. 

No not really. There was a lady in Scotland who used a bicycle with a trailer but soon gave that up. She now has a van.

You can run a window cleaning round traditionally with ladders but it will be difficult as you really need a compact round to make that work and even then, that won't be easy.

Its the same as asking if you can travel to the moon but you don't have a rocket.

Most of us will use between 350 and 500 liters of pure water a day. 500 liters weighs 1/2 a ton. You aren't going to move that around by hand. So sorry, you need to get your drivers licenses first I'm afraid.
The trolley system that we r looking at is a 40 litre tank which I think we could wheel around OK, the houses wee clean only have 4 windows at the top so think 40 litres would do a good few houses 

The trolley system that we r looking at is a 40 litre tank which I think we could wheel around OK, the houses wee clean only have 4 windows at the top so think 40 litres would do a good few houses 
I would guess you would be lucky to do 20 windows with 40 litres!!! That's maintenance cleans with experience. On first cleans you might use 2-3 times that amount!!! So maybe 6 to 10 windows if you are lucky!

I would guess you would be lucky to do 20 windows with 40 litres!!! That's maintenance cleans with experience. On first cleans you might use 2-3 times that amount!!! So maybe 6 to 10 windows if you are lucky!
Boy told me on phone that wee could full the system up with water from somebodys tap out the back but I was talking to window cleaner I seen today and he said it cannot be done, do u know if wee can or not? 

Boy told me on phone that wee could full the system up with water from somebodys tap out the back but I was talking to window cleaner I seen today and he said it cannot be done, do u know if wee can or not? 
That is possible. Not ideal though. 

Instead of carrying around water, you'd carry a pretty large DI vessel (contains resin that purifes the tap water) with a hose to connect it to their tap and a pole hose and water fed pole connected to the outlet. The mains pressure would push the water through the resin purifying it and up to the brush head. It would be pretty low pressure, especially on upstairs windows and would be expensive as you'd burn through resin very quickly. You'd have to get a tds meter to keep an eye on the water purity as once the resin is used up it'll go fast. 

I've never heard of anyone cleaning windows like this though so don't know how well it'd work. 

BTW 40L you mentioned earlier with normal pressure would last 45 mins to 1hr at most. That's probably 1 or 2 first cleans or 3 - 6 maintenance cleans depending a lot on their size and how quick you are Also 40 litres would be 40kg so very heavy to lug around. 

To be honest mate you need to do a lot of reading and research.

If you use tap water you will leave water marks on the windows and they will look terrible.

You need pure water not tap water.

Just so you know if you are working on peoples houses you really need liability insurance. Imagine if your trolley fell over into someones car!!!! To name just one possibility.

There are some systems that can run off customers taps but you are talking £2,000+ and they will only work from a tap!!!

To be honest mate you need to do a lot of reading and research.

If you use tap water you will leave water marks on the windows and they will look terrible.

You need pure water not tap water.

Just so you know if you are working on peoples houses you really need liability insurance. Imagine if your trolley fell over into someones car!!!! To name just one possibility.

There are some systems that can run off customers taps but you are talking £2,000+ and they will only work from a tap!!!
I know I can't use just tap water the trolley system I looked at Purify the water from a tap 

Screenshot_20200810_204740_com.android.chrome.jpg

I know I can't use just tap water the trolley system I looked at Purify the water from a tap 

View attachment 21605
That will do it. Basically a fancy version of what I said but with a pump and battery to up the pressure. It will still burn through resin though so It'll have a high running cost but at least is better than climbing ladders and can get you started until you can get a vehicle. 

The Freedom Trojan Di is fine as long as the tap water has a fairly low tds value (like under 50) otherwise you will be using lots and lots of resin.

Get a driving license and u will never look back, u can have mine if u want , it comes with 15 points ?

Latest Posts

Back