Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing lichen from block paving

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mike-71

Hi people , any advice on carefully removing stubborn lichen from block paving and yorkshire stone paving. And the best way to do it etc. 
any advice much appreciated.

thanks in advance

0A436D29-85C8-40E7-8E80-5D3C898720BA.jpeg

49CB0B42-761D-416E-9555-3B591F654BC2.jpeg

Hi pjj 

Wheres best place to get hypo mate , and how long do you put an application on before pressure washing ? 
cheers 

Hi pjj 

Wheres best place to get hypo mate , and how long do you put an application on before pressure washing ? 
cheers 
We get ours from a farm supply shop it’s dairy hypochlorite 10% strength and £12 for 20 ltr , we dilute it 4-1 . 

Wet the area down with a hose pipe first then apply hypo mix with a sprayer or watering can leave for 20-40 muinits then pressure wash and rinse down.  Hope this helps .

Thanks pjj I got some hypo for Thursday , now the lady at the job i‘m doing is concerned for her plants . Any suggestions on protecting the plants and as this hypo I got is 14-15% what ratio would you suggest ?

any help much appreciated 

We get ours from a farm supply shop it’s dairy hypochlorite 10% strength and £12 for 20 ltr , we dilute it 4-1 . 

Wet the area down with a hose pipe first then apply hypo mix with a sprayer or watering can leave for 20-40 muinits then pressure wash and rinse down.  Hope this helps .
Thanks pjj I got some hypo for Thursday , now the lady at the job i‘m doing is concerned for her plants . Any suggestions on protecting the plants and as this hypo I got is 14-15% what ratio would you suggest ?

Thanks pjj I got some hypo for Thursday , now the lady at the job i‘m doing is concerned for her plants . Any suggestions on protecting the plants and as this hypo I got is 14-15% what ratio would you suggest ?

Mix it 4or 5 ltr of water to 1 ltr of hypo , before applying  it soak all the plants in the area with garden hose apply hypo mix to path yoh might need two or three applications leaving it 10-20 muinits between applications just keep it wet by applying a bit hear and there , between applications of hypo wet the plants down again they only need a mist spray to keep the hypo off them , I have never killed any plants in 15 years of softwashing you might catch the edge of the lawn if it buts up to the path , but it won’t do much harm .

5.3 litres of hypo and top up to 20l with water is a 4% mix which will be perfect.

Soak the plants thoroughly with a hose so they have a good drink and don't soak up the hypo and then rinse them off again afterwards. 

Mix it 4or 5 ltr of water to 1 ltr of hypo , before applying  it soak all the plants in the area with garden hose apply hypo mix to path yoh might need two or three applications leaving it 10-20 muinits between applications just keep it wet by applying a bit hear and there , between applications of hypo wet the plants down again they only need a mist spray to keep the hypo off them , I have never killed any plants in 15 years of softwashing you might catch the edge of the lawn if it buts up to the path , but it won’t do much harm .
You just beat me to it Paul.

Thanks a lot pjj ??

5.3 litres of hypo and top up to 20l with water is a 4% mix which will be perfect.

Soak the plants thoroughly with a hose so they have a good drink and don't soak up the hypo and then rinse them off again afterwards. 

You just beat me to it Paul.
Thanks Dave ? 

Latest Posts

Back