Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Wrapping - Is it worth it?

Adrian654

Hi. Does anyone have an experience with van wrapping and have generated leads from this? Is it a good way of advertising in the business?  And if so, what templates/tools did you use to create your van wraps? I'm thinking about investing on have my van wraped with our logo and our contact information.

It's all about branding, so you can't go wrong with that. Makes you stand out from the crowd, especially if it's an interesting wrap.

A complete vehicle wrap will usually be £1k+, so if you don't have a budget for that, then you can go for something simple just to have your company name and contact info.

Best thing, speak to a few wrapping companies and compare their suggestions/quotes.

Van wraps may not last for over 5 years

A normal sign written van will always last 

Hey. I had my Renault Master LWB van completely wrapped one year ago. It is actually still totally as good as it was when new. I designed my vehicle graphics by myself by Sortimo. It cost me around £300 when I had it done.  I was told that they wood look good for about seven years then would start to fade. Will see... The only thing I Wonder till now is how easy it is to get off if you need to sell the van ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey. I had my Renault Master LWB van completely wrapped one year ago. It is actually still totally as good as it was when new. I designed my vehicle graphics by myself by Sortimo. It cost me around £300 when I had it done.  I was told that they wood look good for about seven years then would start to fade. Will see... The only thing I Wonder till now is how easy it is to get off if you need to sell the van ? 
£300 for the whole van? Graphics designed and applied? That's way too cheap, must have been apprentices? Unless you're talking about just decals applied in multiple places on the van?

As for taking them off, it all depends on the quality of the film and also how careful you're when removing the film. Cheap films can often come off with the paint from the car....

£300 for full wrap ????? That doesn’t sound right the cheapest I have seen is 1 k and that wasn’t very good , normal sigh writing would be around £300 that’s similar to what I pay for my vans . 

Hi. Does anyone have an experience with van wrapping and have generated leads from this? Is it a good way of advertising in the business?  And if so, what templates/tools did you use to create your van wraps? I'm thinking about investing on have my van wraped with our logo and our contact information.
Van wraps are okay in a few instances 

Is your vehicle new-ish (free from damage) 

Do you drive like a grandma because Joe public will Facebook you driving like you stole it 

A van is a great mobile sign board on wheels but normal panel sign writing does exactly the same jobs at a 10th of the price 

If your vehicle is damaged or in a collision the wrap will affect its repair and most likely be torn off so you'll require a new panel wrap or vehicle side.

What van do you have and what design are you thinking off? 

I could help. I have my own sign making skills for logos etc so have photo shop and van templates are easy to aquire for design concept 

That looks nice and simple, just clear to read. What sort of thing did you search for on ebay? or would you recommend a seller?
Thanks mate, it does catch people's attention. On the bonnet, there is the symbol only but in large size. It looks cool.

markdesigns1 is the name is on Ebay. He's a good chap. I can only recommend him. He's also happy to give discounts on bigger orders or if you're a returning custy.

His profile on Ebay

Depends on your situation whether you have plain van, wrapped van, signwritten or magnetic signs. Lots I see just have plain vans which is just fine if they do not need their vehicle as a extra advertisement. Window cleaners are usually identified when working, not by what is written on their vans.

You need to remember your van is selling your business. Nice shinny new van looks good but customers know how its getting paid for. Easy read signs on your van will be good for business as long as its kept clean every week.

You need to remember your van is selling your business. Nice shinny new van looks good but customers know how its getting paid for. Easy read signs on your van will be good for business as long as its kept clean every week.
I agree with this... and window cleaning looks to have become more professional over the years. Im not saying you cant do it in your car but as a customer, your image including your van will go further.

Now this is only my opinion but lets play this one out. Sebastian in his suburban neighbourhood with his detached 4 bedroom home wants his windows cleaned. Sebastian is intelligent and with that intelligence he has called three local and independant window cleaners to quote for the work.

Window cleaner one turns up in his/her estate car. Ladders strapped to the roof, no sign writing and no embroidered clothing. Quotes the cheapest amount out of the three.

Window cleaner two and three turn up in his/her sign written van, looking the part and professional.

Aslong as they arent massively different in price, I guarantee you that Window cleaner two and three would have more of a chance than window cleaner one. I also think that out of window cleaner two and three the most professional imaged one will win.

But as with all things, his/her work could be utter **** in comparison to the estate car window cleaner but we are no longer in the Fred Dibna times and to me image means everything.

Some folk cant afford vans and sign writing. At this moment in time I am one of them for the sign writing part due to spending setting up. I do feel that not having the van sign written is holding me back especially as I am already in an established area for Window Cleaners and I want to stand out as much as I can from the crowd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sign writing on a van is the best cheapest form of advertising it’s possible to get I have got 10 s of thousands of pounds  of work from it over the years and it costs aprox £300 per van , and it sets you apart from the competition 

Back