Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Difficult glass

A S

I've never come across this type of glass before... It's new so it's not old. 

If I use water fed pole then this marks the glass m - little lines on the glass that can be rubbed out. 

The glass in the doors doesnt seem to be a problem. 

If do it traditionally - the glass marks. 

The way the owner said that he did it and I do it this way although it is infallible is use a bit of soap in. Bucket apply using microfibre cloth and then drying using a tea towel.... 

I've window cleaned for a number of years and never came across anything like this before... 

Any ideas folks? 

I have come across some strange glass on occasion. Not had this particular issue but I do have one odd pane on a property where all the windows were fitted at the same time. However, one pane in a window that consists of four panes feels like fine grade sandpaper under my brush when I clean it. Fortunately it always cleans up nice, it's just the strange feel under the brush when I'm cleaning it. I've tried doing it trad as well and it has the same feel under a squeegee blade. Really odd, but at least I can clean it.

I have come across some strange glass on occasion. Not had this particular issue but I do have one odd pane on a property where all the windows were fitted at the same time. However, one pane in a window that consists of four panes feels like fine grade sandpaper under my brush when I clean it. Fortunately it always cleans up nice, it's just the strange feel under the brush when I'm cleaning it. I've tried doing it trad as well and it has the same feel under a squeegee blade. Really odd, but at least I can clean it.
I've got one of those, only one piece of glass on the whole house, very strange, the brush just does not move smoothly.

If I use water fed pole then this marks the glass m - little lines on the glass that can be rubbed out. 

The way the owner said that he did it and I do it this way although it is infallible is use a bit of soap in. Bucket apply using microfibre cloth and then drying using a tea towel.... 

I've window cleaned for a number of years and never came across anything like this before... 

Any ideas folks? 
Is it self cleaning glass? 

Any ideas folks? 
We have had issues with glass where the mortar between the brickwork above the window has been replaced and pointed. 

They need to spray a mist of water over the concrete used to stop it drying before it cures. And water dripping onto the glass with cement residue in it does cause problems. It seems to etch into the glass. 

I don't know if this is the same with your customers glass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back