Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So confused as a newbie

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dan1980

Evening folks... Totally new to wfp however thoroughly enjoy the few customers I have as an add on. 

I have been suffering with blockages recently.. thought it was vision congealing.. I just opened my di vessel and found this.. is this normal.. as this sand type stuff is what's clogging up the filter and pump and pole hose. 

Bottom of my water tank is full of the stuff .  Is that vision..or the di stuff..  if it's the di how on earth has it got into the tank system

Thanks all 

DSC_0359.JPG

DI resin is tiny beads. If the DI tube ‘filter’ at the end of the pipe (bottom) is worn beads can pass through and end up in your system. Where is the DI vessel plumbed in to your system though? Is it before the tank or on the outlet?

The vessel should have resin in it looks like sand but it should stay in the vessel check the riser to make sure there are no holes in the cages if there is then the resin will go into the tank 

DSC_0361.JPG

The vessel should have resin in it looks like sand but it should stay in the vessel check the riser to make sure there are no holes in the cages if there is then the resin will go into the tank 
What's the riser please? It's a new system..only 3 months old

Don't suppose you have a video or pics of what it should look like . So I can compare. 

Huh..that's how it come already made . Is it really on the wrong way?? Anyone else agree
If resins going in your tank then the Di vessel is clearly the wrong way around , i do this on average once per year , so fookin annoyin 

There should be arrows on the DI unit showing water flow in and out. Make sure it's plugged in the correct way round. i.e. the output of your membrane goes in to the IN of DI the OUT of the DI then goes to your tank fill point OR some people have the outlet from tank (bottom) going to pump then to the in on DI then the reel hose connected to the out of the DI unit.

Hope that helps?

Back