Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Easier or harder when it is hot?

Azz1

Hello everyone. I have just started doing a few businesses with the traditional method on the inside. It's it me or when it is hot outside the work becomes harder when you squegee the glass as most of it gets evaporated quite quickly leaving marks behind. Thanks 

Hello everyone. I have just started doing a few businesses with the traditional method on the inside. It's it me or when it is hot outside the work becomes harder when you squegee the glass as most of it gets evaporated quite quickly leaving marks behind. Thanks 
Yes it does try and cool the glass a bit by applying more water if you can , I remember those days well ???

Yes it's a nightmare in this weather just have to use lots more water and try and use both hands wetting the glass up and squeegee off with the other when possible 

When its hot you have to use more water so that it doesn't dry on the window before you can squeegee. 

Two hands can work well like @mark2788 suggests, but if you are up a ladder unless you are very confident I would not suggest this. 

One method that I use is to do the window in sections, I soap up the top third (or half depending on the size of the window, squeegee the soap up the next section ?

I used to clean walls of internal glass on one house found the combinator the best for that job. 

Back