Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hard water spots

Hoops

A couple of my regular customers have hard water staining on a few of their panels of glass. I’ve tried vinegar, I’ve tried viakal, I’ve tried white pads.... all useless! Any tried and tested methods guys? 

A couple of my regular customers have hard water staining on a few of their panels of glass. I’ve tried vinegar, I’ve tried viakal, I’ve tried white pads.... all useless! Any tried and tested methods guys? 
I had the same on brown uPVC fascia board and tried plenty stuff in the beginning but to no avail. I bought HG Professional Limescale Remover and it removed it but i had to spray it on and wait 15mins till it softened it up. Will always use it if its hard to shift. ?

Ive got a few with this and just said it wont budge, they seem ok with that. Especially one of them, i explained its where they keep watering some plants next to the window and the 530 tds tap water splashes onto the glass and bakes on. Im not scrubbing that off so they can take it or leave it.

Killrock from the range will shift it.. it's acid so you need to wear a glove and rub on with a cloth.
Hi, got job tomorrow to remove hard water staining on glass.  I have the Killrock ready but what's the best way to approach this?

Rub on with a cloth and leave to soak for 10 minutes then rub off with a cloth?  I'm pressed for time so don't want to spend too much time on this so thought I would seek your (or anyone else's) views as a shortcut!

Thanks

Thanks.

Killrock is brilliant - the hard water stains virtually vanished as soon as I applied the gel.

Excellent recommendation from Dave B!

Back