Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thinking of starting a new business

SkyBlue1987

Morning All

I'm being made redundant next month, and after 30 years of office work I think its time to be in charge of my own destiny. I've been trawling the forums for the last few days for an idea of the equipment, the way to run a business, the issues facing this sort of business etc, and I guess I'm struggling to collate the wealth of information that's on here!

So to begin, I'm hoping that someone can help with equipment I'll need to get the business off the ground. I want to start a domestic round using WFP, soffit and fascia cleaning and gutter clearing. I have a reasonable budget and ill be working on my own. I don't want to go stupid with what I buy, but I'd like to know its up to the job and will last me a good few years.

Whilst window cleaning is obviously a crowded space, there is certainly a gap in the market where I am to be punctual and offer a decent service....something that appears to be lacking.

Apologies of this has been repeated elsewhere, I'd be happy to look myself if someone can provide a link, otherwise thanks in advance for your help.

Firstly welcome and sorry to here about your redundancy, unfortunately I don't think you'll be the last. As always the first thing you need to do is find out if your water is soft or hard. So you need to buy a reliable TDS Meter and test it, once you know that then you can buy the right water purification system.

You'll need a van with a 1 tonne payload and a minimum 500l bolted in tank. A pole from Gardiners, personally would buy a CLX27 but others would say an SLX22. If you're not doing gutters off a ladder you'll need a gutter vac, loads on here regarding them. Before @spruce chimes in you'll need some customers as well ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly welcome and sorry to here about your redundancy, unfortunately I don't think you'll be the last. As always the first thing you need to do is find out if your water is soft or hard. So you need to buy a reliable TDS Meter and test it, once you know that then you can buy the right water purification system.

You'll need a van with a 1 tonne payload and a minimum 500l bolted in tank. A pole from Gardiners, personally would buy a CLX27 but others would say an SLX22. If you're not doing gutters off a ladder you'll need a gutter vac, loads on here regarding them. Before @spruce chimes in you'll need some customers as well ?
thanks that's very useful. What TDS meter would you recommend?

Latest Posts

Back