Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long to trad this?

Dyl Wimbledon

Hi lads, 

Curious to know how long would you take to trad this middle terrace house? 

Access is OK and obviously the toys would get launched. Ha 

Cheers 

Collage_20200812_140753.jpg

Go on YouTube and search for polzn bladz and I’m sure you will pick up some tips that will speed you up, really helped me. But really it just comes with experience the more you clean the more efficient you will become ?

Talk us through your equipment and process, im sure we can give you a few tips to help you save time?
Hi mate, thanks for replying.

I'm using, 

unger s channel  and handle. 

Moerman applicator

I have started fanning and soaping all the windows at the same time, if the weather permits.then detail all  at the end. 

Its the detailing that takes up a lot of my time. Also, because I'm new and keen to do a good job, I am taking a lot of time double checking my work. 

I'm currently trying to perfect using  the moerman liquidator. 

I'm happy with the way my speed is progressing but always happy to listen to the experienced lads like yourself  for tips. 

Go on YouTube and search for polzn bladz and I’m sure you will pick up some tips that will speed you up, really helped me. But really it just comes with experience the more you clean the more efficient you will become ?
Hi mate,

I have watched mainly  trad man, green pro and ae Mackintosh videos so far. I'll give polz n bladz a watch . Cheers. 

Hi trad guys,

I am mainly wfp ( no jokes please !!!) but do sometimes trad bits and pieces.....In your humble opinions, what do you consider is the best Squeegee & blade and why ????

I have Moerman and Unger in use at the moment...

Thank you 

Id say this would take me 25minutes to trad but i wouldnt be doing the window above the sloped roof as i wouldnt go on the roof and b4lls to using a pole to trad im just not that good.

Its a £10 house for me and wfp 10/12 minutes for a maintenance clean from pulling onsite to pulling off 

I always give myself 3 mins per window average. So 10 windows would be estimated to take 30 minutes and we would charge around £15.

20 window would be 1 hour and we would charge £30.

Even though some windows might only take 30 sec, that's an average through the day including time traveling, packing up, deal with the custies etc.

I always give myself 3 mins per window average. So 10 windows would be estimated to take 30 minutes and we would charge around £15.

20 window would be 1 hour and we would charge £30.

Even though some windows might only take 30 sec, that's an average through the day including time traveling, packing up, deal with the custies etc.
Thanks, that's a clever way of pricing that I haven't thought about before. 

I see 8 windows, a pair of patio doors and there's probably a front door that's not in the pictures. Looks like about a 20 minute job for which I'd be wanting about £17 - £18.

The one above the roof I'd walk up the roof if I was confident they were thick, strong concrete tiles. 

I wfp now but here's a few tips to speed you up; The windows with the small openers, don't have you're mop too wet, get rid of the excess soapy water before using it, if you put gallons on the windows it's excessive and you'll end up with more detailing drips to deal with, don't mop the small openers, just mop the two bigger panes, take your sill cloth and wipe the frames (just catching the edge of the glass) blade off the two big panes. Where you have a bit of dampness on the small openers get your detailing scrim cloth and give it a good rub over, it'll pick up the moisture from the edge and clean the small piece fine (bit like the damp cloth dry cloth technique on Georgian or tiny windows). Detail the rest (if needed) and wipe the sill. Use the same technique on that tiny window downstairs. Don't worry too much about detailing the bottom edge of the glass, a drip there won't run down the glass and cause an issue like the top or side will. Don't bother detailing obscure glass at all unless there's something very obvious. I'd recommend a Liquidator, I used to have the Unger S and S plus. Liquidator 2 is the best for leaving glass without drips to detail.

I always wash down the full door (frame, panels, sills etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
I see 8 windows, a pair of patio doors and there's probably a front door that's not in the pictures. Looks like about a 20 minute job for which I'd be wanting about £17 - £18.

The one above the roof I'd walk up the roof if I was confident they were thick, strong concrete tiles. 

I wfp now but here's a few tips to speed you up; The windows with the small openers, don't have you're mop too wet, get rid of the excess soapy water before using it, if you put gallons on the windows it's excessive and you'll end up with more detailing drips to deal with, don't mop the small openers, just mop the two bigger panes, take your sill cloth and wipe the frames (just catching the edge of the glass) blade off the two big panes. Where you have a bit of dampness on the small openers get your detailing scrim cloth and give it a good rub over, it'll pick up the moisture from the edge and clean the small piece fine (bit like the damp cloth dry cloth technique on Georgian or tiny windows). Detail the rest (if needed) and wipe the sill. Use the same technique on that tiny window downstairs. Don't worry too much about detailing the bottom edge of the glass, a drip there won't run down the glass and cause an issue like the top or side will. Don't bother detailing obscure glass at all unless there's something very obvious. I'd recommend a Liquidator, I used to have the Unger S and S plus. Liquidator 2 is the best for leaving glass without drips to detail.

I always wash down the full door (frame, panels, sills etc).
Thanks for taking the time to write that up. 

I will definitely be trying your method of cleaning the small pane. 

Back