Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Storing sodium hypochlorite

mike-71

Well today I purchased 25ltr of hypo , I’ve never used it before , but thanks to the advice this week off Pjj I feel confident on using it safely :).

my concern now is as the 25ltr drum  Is difficult to handle ie pouring it out safely in small quantities, does any one know if I can split it into smaller containers and if so  what types Of containers are safe to store the chemical in so I can take to the jobs. 

any advice much appreciated 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately it’s never a good idear to put chemicals in different containers as it could be mistaken by someone for  something else , also some chemicals can react with certain containers and eat through them , I do agree though it’s not easy to pour the first few ltrs out of a new drum , I have used 3 drums today doing some pressure washing jobs on ,Indian sandstone patio, some decking ,and resin bound paths and concret drive , bit of a mixture ?? 

Unfortunately it’s never a good idear to put chemicals in different containers as it could be mistaken by someone for  something else , also some chemicals can react with certain containers and eat through them , I do agree though it’s not easy to pour the first few ltrs out of a new drum , I have used 3 drums today doing some pressure washing jobs on ,Indian sandstone patio, some decking ,and resin bound paths and concret drive , bit of a mixture ?? 
Haha that’s some usage mate , had a nightmare this morning doing my mixing ??

Latest Posts

Back