Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

TDS meter not working, having to take a gamble.

ks789

Just done my first resin change, and lo and behold, timing or what, the tds meter just reads 0 on everything. even tap water. It worked about half hour before production as I tested our tap water and was as normal. I know, I should've had a spare, now gonna order 2 more from daqua. So I need this water monday and cant get one in time so having to chance that its ok. With new resin you'd have thought so, though I have had it sat there over a year( unopened) So is there a way to fix it, or do they just go after a while? Battery is obviously working. Cant get over the timing, nightmare.

Just done my first resin change, and lo and behold, timing or what, the tds meter just reads 0 on everything. even tap water. It worked about half hour before production as I tested our tap water and was as normal. I know, I should've had a spare, now gonna order 2 more from daqua. So I need this water monday and cant get one in time so having to chance that its ok. With new resin you'd have thought so, though I have had it sat there over a year( unopened) So is there a way to fix it, or do they just go after a while? Battery is obviously working. Cant get over the timing, nightmare.
Do your house now, sharp find out if water in the tank is ok.

Do your house now, sharp find out if water in the tank is ok.
perfect, thought it would be ok as was daqua resin and pre-filters have plenty life, but first and last time without the tester so was a bit of a worry. Not totally dry yet as its so humid out there, but almost all drips gone and not a sign of a spot. Ordered two.

So is there a way to fix it, or do they just go after a while? Battery is obviously working. Cant get over the timing, nightmare.
Had mine do similar, it just got stuck on 3 or 4 ppm and wouldnt turn off. took the batteries out, new ones in, wouldnt turn back on again. Called the company i bought it from, they went to do some investigating. I put the old batteries back in and hey presto its been perfect ever since?!?

Always have a spare

Mine plays up, as in won't switch on despite very new batteries I take one out and place it back in then it works, I have always bought mine from Gardiners but always had issues over the years. 

ive never used the temperature feature on it before, but that is working ive just found out, so thought it would still be able to detect tds as well. Strange.

Latest Posts

Back