Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Doing invoices for jobs

Hyzer373

Hi guys, I might have be getting an office block to do every 4 weeks. They have said they’ll need a proper invoice through email for paying, I have a basic idea but just wondering what kind of invoices you guys do, like the layout etc, I know it might seem silly but I don’t want to email them and they are like can you do it properly ?

Just make a template on your computer with your business name, date, bank details etc, then copy and insert relevant details and E-mail to customer. And you can make hard copies if required on your printer.

If you are sending invoices as attachments make sure they are pdf. Otherwise people might not be able to open them unless they have the same software as you used to create them with

I use 'bookipi. It's free, looks professional and can be used as an app. Takes me less than 30 seconds to send an invoice (once customer details are saved in the database). 

I love how cheap us window cleaners are. People are like "I make £400 a day" but you tell them £14 a month for Quickbooks, and it tracks your expenses and everyone goes for the free ? ?
All my incoming money goes out in expenses so its not hard to balance. Going for a £3k scaffold tomorrow as I have 3 jobs lined up for it, now I need to book a course to build it. ?

I think you've just reinforced my point man.

Your house must look like Steptoe's yard with all the ? you buy.
Money in then money out, simple. I need to buy a detached house with a double garage, as I've started to fill my mum's large hut now. Everything I buy serves a purpose and brings in more work. The scaffold will help me with my roof cleans and any roof repairs in the future. Its a couple of hundred to hire one so it gets added to the price or I won't do the job. I know a drainage guy who I have worked with from a ladder so now I can rent me and tower out for £300 a day cheaper than getting a company out. ?

Money in then money out, simple. I need to buy a detached house with a double garage, as I've started to fill my mum's large hut now. Everything I buy serves a purpose and brings in more work. The scaffold will help me with my roof cleans and any roof repairs in the future. Its a couple of hundred to hire one so it gets added to the price or I won't do the job. I know a drainage guy who I have worked with from a ladder so now I can rent me and tower out for £300 a day cheaper than getting a company out. ?
At some point though you’re going to have to start turning a profit surely?! Otherwise what on earth is the point of being in business?

At some point though you’re going to have to start turning a profit surely?! Otherwise what on earth is the point of being in business?
Once I have everything then the dough will roll in because I will have nothing left to do with it. I have found a customer loves a person that can do everything rather than deal with many folk. Even better if the person has all the equipment and doesn't need to hire or borrow it. Probably the most advantageous stage in my life and hopefully it pans out well. 

I love how cheap us window cleaners are. People are like "I make £400 a day" but you tell them £14 a month for Quickbooks, and it tracks your expenses and everyone goes for the free ? ?
personally i think its better to invest in your window cleaning business and make it a slick,efficient operation as possible......some window cleaners just cant get past "its £14 a month!thats £168 a year!" mentality.....also lots of guys just about scratch a living together doing this job because they are NOT organised,have rubbish equipment.......and their hearts not in it........a recipe for mediocrity.....

Once I have everything then the dough will roll in because I will have nothing left to do with it. I have found a customer loves a person that can do everything rather than deal with many folk. Even better if the person has all the equipment and doesn't need to hire or borrow it. Probably the most advantageous stage in my life and hopefully it pans out well. 
Scottish you've been saying that since I started... Yolo man, Yolo

personally i think its better to invest in your window cleaning business and make it a slick,efficient operation as possible......some window cleaners just cant get past "its £14 a month!thats £168 a year!" mentality.....also lots of guys just about scratch a living together doing this job because they are NOT organised,have rubbish equipment.......and their hearts not in it........a recipe for mediocrity.....
I wasn't having a dig at the new boys, I was digging at skin flints like you that make more than enough but could still peel an orange in their pocket ???

??not heard that one in a bit. I know a lad that can do that.??On a more serious note what level of quick books are you using as I only pay 3.99 a month for mine?
Working in an accountants house on Tuesday and he uses quick books and I will be getting him to do my books soon. Makes sense if one is getting busier and he said digital receipts are fine with the taxman now.

Back