How many litres a minute from your RO?

ShropsWindowCleaner

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hello all. Just a general question to see how many litres a minute we all get from our RO systems? I’m getting around 2.38 litres a minute. I have no idea wether this is fast/slow compared to other systems? Looking forward to seeing stats below 👍🏻

Currently 150 gpd membrane, 28 psi mains 1 litre takes 6 to 7 mins 😂 So about 3 hrs to fill a 25 litre drum 😀

Edited by ched999uk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
doug atkinson

4040 system , 30 psi - 44 secs/litre, 40 psi 26 secs/ litre, boosted 11 secs/litre.

4021 system, 30 psi - 88 secs/litre boosted 80 psi - 33 secs / litre

• Like 2
scottish cleaning service
16 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We produce a 1000 ltr of pure in two hours so I think that’s around 8 ltr per muinit ?..

I reckon I can make 650l in 3hrs now after the service. I have a 4020 or a 4021 system set-up. Not sure what all the figures mean? tbh

• Like 1
Just now, scottish cleaning service said:

I reckon I can make 650l in 3hrs now after the service. I have a 4020 or a 4021 system set-up. Not sure what all the figures mean? tbh

A 4040 means the ro is 40 inches long ,a 4020 is 20 inches long 

19 minutes ago, Pjj said:

A 4040 means the ro is 40 inches long ,a 4020 is 20 inches long 

I see, does that mean a 40 inch long membrane lasts twice as long as a 20 inch membrane?

We measured our production rate last week using a jug and a timer. It was 1.5 litres per minute with a booster pump set at 100 psi. We have a fairly small system but it supplies all we need. We use up to about 600 litres a day.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I see, does that mean a 40 inch long membrane lasts twice as long as a 20 inch membrane?

I don’t know but would suspect it should . 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

I don’t know but would suspect it should . 

Maybe not if its producing twice as much but will leave that one to the scientists on the forum. 😉

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Pjj said:

We produce a 1000 ltr of pure in two hours so I think that’s around 8 ltr per muinit ?..

There won't be many who can match that, you have your Pure to waste set 75/25 pure though don't you?

I can knock out about 280-300 litres an hour at 45/55.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
ShropsWindowCleaner

Great replies guys. Really interesting to see the results from different RO/Pressure set ups 👍🏻👍🏻

8 hours ago, P4dstar said:

There won't be many who can match that, you have your Pure to waste set 75/25 pure though don't you?

I can knock out about 280-300 litres an hour at 45/55.

Yes i dont need  to dump much  water at home as the TDS is low but when working away from home in some areas I do 50/50 as the TDS in Bristol And  the other places we do are between 375-450 . That’s using an 800 ltr per hour booster pump twin ros and 100 psi pressure .

300gpd single membrane RO. Water pressure boosted to 80 psi. Permeate pump attached. Output = 25-28L/hr this time of year, maybe half that in winter. Keeps me in water.

doug atkinson
2 hours ago, Pjj said:

Yes i dont need  to dump much  water at home as the TDS is low but when working away from home in some areas I do 50/50 as the TDS in Bristol And  the other places we do are between 375-450 . That’s using an 800 ltr per hour booster pump twin ros and 100 psi pressure .

Ah penny dropped thought that was with 1 membrane was going to bombard you with questions 😀

Edited by doug atkinson
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2020 at 12:42, ched999uk said:

Currently 150 gpd membrane, 28 psi mains 1 litre takes 6 to 7 mins 😂 So about 3 hrs to fill a 25 litre drum 😀

i get 6 25ltr drums filled in that time  no worries ya need to get a booster in line laddie 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1