Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

How many litres a minute from your RO?


ShropsWindowCleaner

Recommended Posts

Hello all. Just a general question to see how many litres a minute we all get from our RO systems? I’m getting around 2.38 litres a minute. I have no idea wether this is fast/slow compared to other systems? Looking forward to seeing stats below ??

Link to comment

Currently 150 gpd membrane, 28 psi mains 1 litre takes 6 to 7 mins ? So about 3 hrs to fill a 25 litre drum ?

Edited by ched999uk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

4040 system , 30 psi - 44 secs/litre, 40 psi 26 secs/ litre, boosted 11 secs/litre.

4021 system, 30 psi - 88 secs/litre boosted 80 psi - 33 secs / litre

  • Like 2
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We produce a 1000 ltr of pure in two hours so I think that’s around 8 ltr per muinit ?..

I reckon I can make 650l in 3hrs now after the service. I have a 4020 or a 4021 system set-up. Not sure what all the figures mean? tbh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Just now, scottish cleaning service said:

I reckon I can make 650l in 3hrs now after the service. I have a 4020 or a 4021 system set-up. Not sure what all the figures mean? tbh

A 4040 means the ro is 40 inches long ,a 4020 is 20 inches long 

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Pjj said:

A 4040 means the ro is 40 inches long ,a 4020 is 20 inches long 

I see, does that mean a 40 inch long membrane lasts twice as long as a 20 inch membrane?

Link to comment

We measured our production rate last week using a jug and a timer. It was 1.5 litres per minute with a booster pump set at 100 psi. We have a fairly small system but it supplies all we need. We use up to about 600 litres a day.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I see, does that mean a 40 inch long membrane lasts twice as long as a 20 inch membrane?

I don’t know but would suspect it should . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

I don’t know but would suspect it should . 

Maybe not if its producing twice as much but will leave that one to the scientists on the forum. ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Pjj said:

We produce a 1000 ltr of pure in two hours so I think that’s around 8 ltr per muinit ?..

There won't be many who can match that, you have your Pure to waste set 75/25 pure though don't you?

I can knock out about 280-300 litres an hour at 45/55.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, P4dstar said:

There won't be many who can match that, you have your Pure to waste set 75/25 pure though don't you?

I can knock out about 280-300 litres an hour at 45/55.

Yes i dont need  to dump much  water at home as the TDS is low but when working away from home in some areas I do 50/50 as the TDS in Bristol And  the other places we do are between 375-450 . That’s using an 800 ltr per hour booster pump twin ros and 100 psi pressure .

Link to comment

300gpd single membrane RO. Water pressure boosted to 80 psi. Permeate pump attached. Output = 25-28L/hr this time of year, maybe half that in winter. Keeps me in water.

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Pjj said:

Yes i dont need  to dump much  water at home as the TDS is low but when working away from home in some areas I do 50/50 as the TDS in Bristol And  the other places we do are between 375-450 . That’s using an 800 ltr per hour booster pump twin ros and 100 psi pressure .

Ah penny dropped thought that was with 1 membrane was going to bombard you with questions ?

Edited by doug atkinson
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2020 at 12:42, ched999uk said:

Currently 150 gpd membrane, 28 psi mains 1 litre takes 6 to 7 mins ? So about 3 hrs to fill a 25 litre drum ?

i get 6 25ltr drums filled in that time  no worries ya need to get a booster in line laddie 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
  • 2 months later...
On 19/08/2020 at 12:42, ched999uk said:

Currently 150 gpd membrane, 28 psi mains 1 litre takes 6 to 7 mins ? So about 3 hrs to fill a 25 litre drum ?

Sorry to revive an old thread but just added a 150gpd booster pump (Vyair Black Friday sale - £45.90 delivered with transformer and 1/4" push fittings). Looks like now I am producing pure at about 0.5 litre per min. So about 50mins to fill a 25 lts barrel. 

While it is a low figure I am quite pleased at the increase. Also my tds from tap is about 140ppm and without booster it comes out of membrane at 3 or 4 ppm. With booster it's 0 or 1 ppm. So that is great, well I think it is. 

The 150gpd system is really just a starter system to test the water ? so to speak. Once I have actually started cleaning custy windows then I will get a van and build a proper system. I was due to start in March 2020 but Covid stopped me. I realise that I could have still started then but my partner has a blood cancer so is very vulnerable to covid, she is fine normally as long as she takes her chemo. So as soon as the risk is over or as over as it will be I'm off to get custys.... Cheers for all your help over the months.

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept