How many litres a minute from your RO?

ShropsWindowCleaner

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hello all. Just a general question to see how many litres a minute we all get from our RO systems? I’m getting around 2.38 litres a minute. I have no idea wether this is fast/slow compared to other systems? Looking forward to seeing stats below 👍🏻

Currently 150 gpd membrane, 28 psi mains 1 litre takes 6 to 7 mins 😂 So about 3 hrs to fill a 25 litre drum 😀

Edited by ched999uk
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
doug atkinson

4040 system , 30 psi - 44 secs/litre, 40 psi 26 secs/ litre, boosted 11 secs/litre.

4021 system, 30 psi - 88 secs/litre boosted 80 psi - 33 secs / litre

• Like 2
scottish cleaning service
16 minutes ago, Pjj said:

We produce a 1000 ltr of pure in two hours so I think that’s around 8 ltr per muinit ?..

I reckon I can make 650l in 3hrs now after the service. I have a 4020 or a 4021 system set-up. Not sure what all the figures mean? tbh

• Like 1
Just now, scottish cleaning service said:

I reckon I can make 650l in 3hrs now after the service. I have a 4020 or a 4021 system set-up. Not sure what all the figures mean? tbh

A 4040 means the ro is 40 inches long ,a 4020 is 20 inches long 

19 minutes ago, Pjj said:

A 4040 means the ro is 40 inches long ,a 4020 is 20 inches long 

I see, does that mean a 40 inch long membrane lasts twice as long as a 20 inch membrane?

We measured our production rate last week using a jug and a timer. It was 1.5 litres per minute with a booster pump set at 100 psi. We have a fairly small system but it supplies all we need. We use up to about 600 litres a day.

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I see, does that mean a 40 inch long membrane lasts twice as long as a 20 inch membrane?

I don’t know but would suspect it should . 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

I don’t know but would suspect it should . 

Maybe not if its producing twice as much but will leave that one to the scientists on the forum. 😉

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Pjj said:

We produce a 1000 ltr of pure in two hours so I think that’s around 8 ltr per muinit ?..

There won't be many who can match that, you have your Pure to waste set 75/25 pure though don't you?

I can knock out about 280-300 litres an hour at 45/55.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
ShropsWindowCleaner

Great replies guys. Really interesting to see the results from different RO/Pressure set ups 👍🏻👍🏻

8 hours ago, P4dstar said:

There won't be many who can match that, you have your Pure to waste set 75/25 pure though don't you?

I can knock out about 280-300 litres an hour at 45/55.

Yes i dont need  to dump much  water at home as the TDS is low but when working away from home in some areas I do 50/50 as the TDS in Bristol And  the other places we do are between 375-450 . That’s using an 800 ltr per hour booster pump twin ros and 100 psi pressure .

300gpd single membrane RO. Water pressure boosted to 80 psi. Permeate pump attached. Output = 25-28L/hr this time of year, maybe half that in winter. Keeps me in water.

doug atkinson
2 hours ago, Pjj said:

Yes i dont need  to dump much  water at home as the TDS is low but when working away from home in some areas I do 50/50 as the TDS in Bristol And  the other places we do are between 375-450 . That’s using an 800 ltr per hour booster pump twin ros and 100 psi pressure .

Ah penny dropped thought that was with 1 membrane was going to bombard you with questions 😀

Edited by doug atkinson
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2020 at 12:42, ched999uk said:

Currently 150 gpd membrane, 28 psi mains 1 litre takes 6 to 7 mins 😂 So about 3 hrs to fill a 25 litre drum 😀

i get 6 25ltr drums filled in that time  no worries ya need to get a booster in line laddie 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 months later...
On 19/08/2020 at 12:42, ched999uk said:

Sorry to revive an old thread but just added a 150gpd booster pump (Vyair Black Friday sale - £45.90 delivered with transformer and 1/4" push fittings). Looks like now I am producing pure at about 0.5 litre per min. So about 50mins to fill a 25 lts barrel. 

While it is a low figure I am quite pleased at the increase. Also my tds from tap is about 140ppm and without booster it comes out of membrane at 3 or 4 ppm. With booster it's 0 or 1 ppm. So that is great, well I think it is. 

The 150gpd system is really just a starter system to test the water 🤣 so to speak. Once I have actually started cleaning custy windows then I will get a van and build a proper system. I was due to start in March 2020 but Covid stopped me. I realise that I could have still started then but my partner has a blood cancer so is very vulnerable to covid, she is fine normally as long as she takes her chemo. So as soon as the risk is over or as over as it will be I'm off to get custys.... Cheers for all your help over the months.