Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How would you clean this frame?

matt1458

Evening all.

Been working with a commercial customer for a month or so now and all going really well, they’ve asked me for some advice / how to clean up the frames around their main entrance doors which are painted metal frames.

The unit is newish (under 2 years) and it looks like these white streaks are almost baked on having dripped down from between the fascia panels above in the past.

Apologies for the naff photos, these are the only ones I have of the place currently so have cropped them, but if anyone could either shed some light on what this mess is or what to try to shift it I’d be very appreciative!

Have tried Ubik and even a glass scraper in case it could be removed that way, but it will not bloody shift!

CBD8F4B8-5824-46EA-BD3A-2BB97BAB0286.jpeg

DB56ED2A-7C13-4065-B2F7-9C787E69EBA4.jpeg

F2487366-3D40-4351-8DD2-C3D6FA28E969.jpeg

Looks like lime scale to me , try Vikal or another lime scale remover .
Thank you, I’ll look at Vikal now, from experience is it safe on most surfaces? Can’t quite tell what the finish of the frame is but I think you’re right on the limescale front

Thank you, I’ll look at Vikal now, from experience is it safe on most surfaces? Can’t quite tell what the finish of the frame is but I think you’re right on the limescale front
We have used it on , anodised aluminium frames, UPVC , and not had a problem , obviously don’t leave it on too long and rinse it off well , hopefully it will all come off ok 

We have used it on , anodised aluminium frames, UPVC , and not had a problem , obviously don’t leave it on too long and rinse it off well , hopefully it will all come off ok 
Perfect, thank you, I think this is some sort of treated ali frame so good to know ??

Back