Jump to content

tap on pure pipe


ALPINEYORKS

Recommended Posts

hey, what would happen if i fitted an inline tap to turn water off that's going to my resin vessel when flushing would this damage the membranes, or is there a better way to be able to cut water off from flushing and damaging the resin, i can't be arsed taking pipes out each time.

 

 

thanks

Link to post
6 hours ago, ALPINEYORKS said:

hey, what would happen if i fitted an inline tap to turn water off that's going to my resin vessel when flushing would this damage the membranes, or is there a better way to be able to cut water off from flushing and damaging the resin, i can't be arsed taking pipes out each time.

 

 

thanks

I dont really get that. Its literally just click on the hose when ready, not really any hassle but then your connectors may be more of a pain.I think mine are hoselock, and they click on and off the di vessel very easily.

Link to post

Mine are john guest 1/4 just if im flushing a few times a week disconnecting a pile each time is surely going to start making joints leak etc

Link to post
13 hours ago, ks789 said:

I dont really get that. Its literally just click on the hose when ready, not really any hassle but then your connectors may be more of a pain.I think mine are hoselock, and they click on and off the di vessel very easily.

Do you always disconnect the resin vessel when flushing, I’ve always left mine connected. I flush everyday for 10 mins, then an hour a week at the weekend. But never disconnected, is this wrong? 

Link to post
24 minutes ago, Jango said:

Do you always disconnect the resin vessel when flushing, I’ve always left mine connected. I flush everyday for 10 mins, then an hour a week at the weekend. But never disconnected, is this wrong? 

Mines only disconnected before, because I detach it from the ro to move it in and outdoors for production ( only about once a week or so, so not too bad) I set it all up outside, then bring in afterwards, Ro on a board and resin vessel as it is. But yeh your right, dont need to disconnect for flushing, as all waters going to waste and none into the vessel. I guess a bit would go through till I got the right reading after ro and pre di. So as mines not connected to start, I just wait till my readings low enough for di, then connect up.

Link to post

I would just take the pipe off each time if the fittings where not john guest. Ive got mains pressure of 110 psi and id rather not be pulling pipes off each time I flush. And I've read flushing dumps high tds water into the resin. So I thought putting a couple of taps and a t piece in with a tube down drain would surely be better

Link to post
2 minutes ago, ALPINEYORKS said:

I would just take the pipe off each time if the fittings where not john guest. Ive got mains pressure of 110 psi and id rather not be pulling pipes off each time I flush. And I've read flushing dumps high tds water into the resin. So I thought putting a couple of taps and a t piece in with a tube down drain would surely be better

Flushing won’t dump high TDS into the resin , the vast majority of the water is going down the drain , it will only be a very tiny trickle that will go into the resin vessel.unless you have a very strange set up , I have taken the pipes off mine to see how much goes into the resin and it’s nothing to worry about , I have twin ris and produce 1000 ltr of pure in two hours so put huge amounts of water through my system .

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
scottish cleaning service
6 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Flushing won’t dump high TDS into the resin , the vast majority of the water is going down the drain , it will only be a very tiny trickle that will go into the resin vessel.unless you have a very strange set up , I have taken the pipes off mine to see how much goes into the resin and it’s nothing to worry about , I have twin ris and produce 1000 ltr of pure in two hours so put huge amounts of water through my system .

How much do you pay on water rates to produce 1,000 litres of pure?

Link to post
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

How much do you pay on water rates to produce 1,000 litres of pure?

A cubic meter of is around £1.90  I don’t pay the sewage charge on it which is around £2.75 

  • Like 1
Link to post
scottish cleaning service
2 hours ago, Pjj said:

A cubic meter of is around £1.90  I don’t pay the sewage charge on it which is around £2.75 

That's not too bad unless you are sending half to waste so it would be £3.80

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.