Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Helpful Books

W

Wheatie

My wife has a book which for her self employment business which helps her keep on track with her books. It's just seems like you fill in the blanks with expense, pay etc etc. it seems like it keeps you on the straight and narrow.

Is there any books that you guys use and rate?

Many thanks!

Be honest mate al u gota do is record your expenses and earnings and your laughing thats what im doing... Then im gona take it to an accountant before my yearly tax return

yeah very good mate /emoticons/smile.png

i work part time in a taxi call centre on fridays and saturdays /emoticons/smile.png

this helps me a lot /emoticons/smile.png

/emoticons/tongue.png x

Don't use an accountant. Do it myself. It's gotta be the easiest thing going & rather the money in my pocket then an accountants. Expenses book is a good idea but I use a a4 pad & put incomings 1 side outgoings the other. Take 1 from another & there's yer profit. My reciepts for petrol phone materials I staple together & put them in that page for the month. End of year add up incomings & outgoings for the year take 1 from another & there's yer profit for the year.

the difficulty comes when you start earning over certain thresh-holds and move into different tax brackets, iv spent the last 2 weekends helping the mrs with tax law stuff for her courses and believe me its not always that simple

i use george systems. does it all for me. ive been self employed most of my life and my missus has taught herself bookkeeping and done an ou course for it so shes always done my returns when i was on building sites. saves me!

Back