Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cofirm Information On Service.

Pane

Can anyone confirm what actually is a Full Wash Down ?.

Just need it confirmed.

Cheers

WillShine.

And your selling point is you tell them you'll clean the windows free of charge. Everyone loves a freebie.
A discount yes Part Timer, not a freebie.

You dont run a successful business, giving away freebie's. Or word'll get round then every bugger will expect a freebie. 

It's the customer you need to clarify what service you are providing and what they are expecting, if a house has plastic cladding on it are they wanting or expecting all that cleaned as well or not as @Part Timer said before it's the custy you need to ask. 
Cheers Iron Giant. I was clarifying what a Full WashDown was?. A client might not know that.

discount yes Part Timer, not a freebie.

You dont run a successful business, giving away freebie's. Or word'll get round then every bugger will expect a freebie. 
You would have to clean the windows anyway so should've priced the window clean in your initial quote. The customer doesn't know that so you tell them you'll also clean the windows for free.

Thanks for the advice about how to run a successful business. I must have struck lucky to get to where I am now ?

In my case, for our own use, we call it a spring clean even though it can be any time of year. It will be itemised in fair detail  on a notebook for our records and for the customer in less detail on the back of a business card.

Our record :
Gmt = gutter empty. H=high, £xx

L=low £xx

Sw =soapwash. H £xx, L =£xx

These are portioned as we walk round a side at a time, to make pricing easier for us.

Fr, L, R, B.. For front, left, right, back. Cladding, Cons = conservatory. Tap?  Est time (needed) ?

For the customer : Empty all gutters £xx

Soapwash all whites windows and doors £xx

Reg windows if required after.,£xx at 6 weekly.

We can generally prepare an estimate in 5 or 10 minutes. Sometimes we give it to the customer there and then. Sometimes, especially in more involved cases, we tell them we'll do the figures and get back to them within a day or two. .

You would have to clean the windows anyway so should've priced the window clean in your initial quote. The customer doesn't know that so you tell them you'll also clean the windows for free.

Thanks for the advice about how to run a successful business. I must have struck lucky to get to where I am now ?
Very True Part Timer. I wasnt aware you meant on a Stealth quote?.

There is a small element of luck for every successful business, as nothings ever straight forward, with out pit falls either ??.

In my case, for our own use, we call it a spring clean even though it can be any time of year. It will be itemised in fair detail  on a notebook for our records and for the customer in less detail on the back of a business card.

Our record :
Gmt = gutter empty. H=high, £xx

L=low £xx

Sw =soapwash. H £xx, L =£xx

These are portioned as we walk round a side at a time, to make pricing easier for us.

Fr, L, R, B.. For front, left, right, back. Cladding, Cons = conservatory. Tap?  Est time (needed) ?

For the customer : Empty all gutters £xx

Soapwash all whites windows and doors £xx

Reg windows if required after.,£xx at 6 weekly.

We can generally prepare an estimate in 5 or 10 minutes. Sometimes we give it to the customer there and then. Sometimes, especially in more involved cases, we tell them we'll do the figures and get back to them within a day or two. .
If that Formula works for you Davey G, spot on.

Every body know doubt has their own strategy ?.

A discount yes Part Timer, not a freebie.

Cheers Iron Giant. I was clarifying what a Full WashDown was?. A client might not know that.
What @Part Timer was getting at was to sell upon the fact the customer assumes you’re giving them a ‘free’ window clean, when in reality you’re including that in your quote. It’s Sales 101 and it’s effective cause it works ?

Similar to when a restaurant lures you with the offer of a free drink with your meal, it’s not actually free because you’re handing over money regardless. A free drink would be if you were walking by the restaurant and they literally shoved a drink in your hand for nothing.

And your selling point is you tell them you'll clean the windows free of charge. Everyone loves a freebie.
Yeah they do! Yes mr customer thats £130 for your Gutters, fascia and soffits. It will Include a free window clean... and the best part is the window clean's a freebie so don't go calling me back for any spots ???

A free drink would be if you were walking by the restaurant and they literally shoved a drink in your hand for nothing.
Like the bars in Spain and Greece.

Sometimes, especially in more involved cases, we tell them we'll do the figures and get back to them within a day or two. .
I prefer to look them in the whites of the eyes. I only ever walk away to quote for commercial. People agree to whatever if you're in front of them. Roll the dice and take the gamble you get the price right ?‍♂️

Yeah they do! Yes mr customer thats £130 for your Gutters, fascia and soffits. It will Include a free window clean... and the best part is the window clean's a freebie so don't go calling me back for any spots ???

Like the bars in Spain and Greece.

I prefer to look them in the whites of the eyes. I only ever walk away to quote for commercial. People agree to whatever if you're in front of them. Roll the dice and take the gamble you get the price right ?‍♂️
I don't have any problem looking them in the eye. But some jobs need a bit more thought. The meterage might be straight forward enough but there can be complications: Access difficulties, long awkward reaches over extensions, bit further from base. Some jobs can be huge, country houses. We might be very busy on the day of looking. In those cases, we'll take extra notes and discuss it ourselves over a brew when the working day is done, and get back to the client. Maybe we'll have taken some photos to look over.

Most quotes can be done in a few minutes but some need a bit more thought. No gambling involved. ?

What @Part Timer was getting at was to sell upon the fact the customer assumes you’re giving them a ‘free’ window clean, when in reality you’re including that in your quote. It’s Sales 101 and it’s effective cause it works ?

Similar to when a restaurant lures you with the offer of a free drink with your meal, it’s not actually free because you’re handing over money regardless. A free drink would be if you were walking by the restaurant and they literally shoved a drink in your hand for nothing.
Ohhh my - I only asked a question, what have i done ?...Trixxy Kicks..I get the strategy chap..Just as Mobile Contracts : Your Phone is Alledly Free - Yeah, course??.

Back