Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Buying pure water in Devon

Sean007

Hi, just joined.. After 25 years of traditional window cleaning I have decided to get a backpack and pole for the odd awkward windows and gutters/ fascias. I will still be cleaning the traditional way about 95% of the time. So I was just wondering is there anywhere in Devon that sells the pure water. I know the nearest spotless water filling tank is in Bristol but does anywhere else sell it around Exeter? Thanks 

Hi, just joined.. After 25 years of traditional window cleaning I have decided to get a backpack and pole for the odd awkward windows and gutters/ fascias. I will still be cleaning the traditional way about 95% of the time. So I was just wondering is there anywhere in Devon that sells the pure water. I know the nearest spotless water filling tank is in Bristol but does anywhere else sell it around Exeter? Thanks 
Firstly welcome to the dark side ? I think your water down there will be low enough to just purify through a DI. @Pjj should be able to advise better.

Firstly welcome to the dark side ? I think your water down there will be low enough to just purify through a DI. @Pjj should be able to advise better.
Ime down in Cornwall , depending what part of Devon  he is in i could be well over 120 miles away , but guessing it should be a soft water area but would still need to check it with a TDS meter 

Just re read the original post Exeter is 110 miles away from me and I have no idear about anyone who sells pure there Ime afrade . Sorry 

Ime down in Cornwall , depending what part of Devon  he is in i could be well over 120 miles away , but guessing it should be a soft water area but would still need to check it with a TDS meter 

Just re read the original post Exeter is 110 miles away from me and I have no idear about anyone who sells pure there Ime afrade . Sorry 
Thought you might have had a job round there where you filled up

Nothing at all mate. I'm in Barnstaple and produce my own.

Welcome to the pole club 

Thanks for the replies.. East devon has hard water.. As I was just doing the odd awkward window with the pole system, I was hoping to find a pure water pay at the pump sort of thing around here rather than buy my own system, but doesn't look likely by the sound of it then... I do go to Bristol every now and then, so if I filled a few water containers at the spotless pure water filling station in Bristol, would it still be OK to use it in say around a month or two later? Thanks 

Thanks for the replies.. East devon has hard water.. As I was just doing the odd awkward window with the pole system, I was hoping to find a pure water pay at the pump sort of thing around here rather than buy my own system, but doesn't look likely by the sound of it then... I do go to Bristol every now and then, so if I filled a few water containers at the spotless pure water filling station in Bristol, would it still be OK to use it in say around a month or two later? Thanks 
Yes pure water provided it’s kept in clean containers will be fine but try  and keep them out of the light if possible as they could grow algi 

Stick them in your garage or the back of your van. No sunlight then no problems.

Back