Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Self cleaning glass

LS Window’s

Hi.

got a new job this week that has an extension with glass roof, this roof is all self cleaning glass.

am I able to clean with water fed pole and pure water? Don’t want to jump straight in and find the brush damages the glass in any way leaving me with a big problem!

Never had an issue, I always pre-rinse the glass though start off creating a curtain of water down the units as there is always a fair amount of tiny specks of dirt then scrub and rinse but they will take a fair amount of extra rinsing. 

WFP and the brush won't do any damage. You're not meant to use chemicals on it (Although many do) as it removes the coating.

If they want them done regularly I tell them there's only so clean a glass roof comes up. Explain about the tiny bits on black moss that will often be released from the seals. Never had a customer argue about this, they tend to want the bird poo removed and the glass to look cleaner which it does.

If they want the full conny roof cleaning experience then it might be £100 and I'll spend a few hours on it following the process IG had said above. If they want a quick clean each month it might only add £5 to the regular bill.

If they want the full conny roof cleaning experience then it might be £100 and I'll spend a few hours on it following the process IG had said above. If they want a quick clean each month it might only add £5 to the regular bill.
Depends on the size of it I do a conny roof every 8 weeks plus the house £35 for 40 minutes work, I also do a decent sized lantern roof similar time and money I never get all the tiny specks off that you see when the glass is wet but they dry to a very good standard and never had any issues or call backs I have been doing both jobs for over 2 years.

Depends on the size of it I do a conny roof every 8 weeks plus the house £35 for 40 minutes work, I also do a decent sized lantern roof similar time and money I never get all the tiny specks off that you see when the glass is wet but they dry to a very good standard and never had any issues or call backs I have been doing both jobs for over 2 years.
Yeah, same with the regulars I do. I'm not a cowboy you know ?. If I spend a few hours on them all the tiny specs of moss and dirt go, not for long though. I forewarn them because I wouldn't come back for it on a cheap regular thing. I've got one house I do the whole house and a 6 panel roof reach month for £15. It only takes about 15 minutes for the lot but they're aware I won't be standing around rinsing for ages, no time for that.

Yeah, same with the regulars I do. I'm not a cowboy you know ?. If I spend a few hours on them all the tiny specs of moss and dirt go, not for long though. I forewarn them because I wouldn't come back for it on a cheap regular thing. I've got one house I do the whole house and a 6 panel roof reach month for £15. It only takes about 15 minutes for the lot but they're aware I won't be standing around rinsing for ages, no time for that.
Mine are around 12 panel roofs on one the panels are on a conny and some are over 2m long I try my best to be as fast as I can without the custy thinking I am earning far too much for a lowly cleaner ? YeeHaw 

Back