Jump to content

Scraper advice please :)


Recommended Posts

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction pleasee. I've got a couple of unger poles with standard thread on brushes attached. What would you suggest to be the best set up for a scraper to this set up? I've found these on Gardiners site: https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brush-head-attachments.html - but not sure if they would fit?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Ken

Link to post
Just now, Part Timer said:

They need to be fastened in by the top clamp. I don't know your pole but I don't think it will.

Thanks! I'll take a picture and upload it! It's probably the best way 🙂 Thanks for your reply.

Link to post

This is how they are secured, so if you can get a gooseneck down the pole and secure the scraper between the clamps then yes you can.

It's not allowing me to upload a picture.

 

 

Edited by Part Timer
Link to post
12 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

This is how they are secured, so if you can get a gooseneck down the pole and secure the scraper between the clamps then yes you can.

It's not allowing me to upload a picture.

 

 

Thanks Part Timer! I did think it might be the case. Just wanted to make sure before I commited. Thanks!

 

Link to post
49 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Someone else must have a photo of how the scraper is secured

It's not alot of money to risk! I'll bite the bullet and try it and order the pads too.

Thanks for the replies Part Timer

Link to post
2 minutes ago, KenBoon said:

It's not alot of money to risk! I'll bite the bullet and try it and order the pads too.

Thanks for the replies Part Timer

We don't use the pads and without trying to tempt fate haven't had a problem.

Link to post
25 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

We don't use the pads and without trying to tempt fate haven't had a problem.

Thanks again for the input 🙂

Link to post
2 hours ago, KenBoon said:

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction pleasee. I've got a couple of unger poles with standard thread on brushes attached. What would you suggest to be the best set up for a scraper to this set up? I've found these on Gardiners site: https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brush-head-attachments.html - but not sure if they would fit?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,

Ken

The Gardiner scraper will not fit on your pole.

Link to post
23 minutes ago, spruce said:

The Gardiner scraper will not fit on your pole.

Thanks! Could you suggest an alternative?

Thanks all!

Link to post

The pole manufacturers want accessories to be in house. If Unger don't make anything for their pole then you are pretty much screwed.

I know my last post wasn't helpful but that's the way it is.

When we first started window cleaning we used Unger tools. When we went wfp we used Unger Teleplus poles. There is a cone adaptor for those and an Unger Scraper.

Although I have a Gardiner scraper on my pole there are still a few occasions where we need the get the Ungerpole out of the van with a bladed scraper to remove welded on bird lime.

https://www.wintecs.co.uk/traditional/ladders-and-poles/extension-poles/unger-teleplus-pole-250-1000cm/unger-teleplus-extension-pole-upto-6-2m/

https://www.wintecs.co.uk/window-cleaning-tools/scrapers-and-blades/unger-ergotec-glass-scraper-10cm/

Sometimes to get the angle right at height we need to use an Unger angle adapter. But this is the worst tool we have on the van.

https://www.wintecs.co.uk/window-cleaning-equipment/ladders-and-poles/extension-poles/pole-accessories/unger-nylon-cranked-joint-angle-adaptor/

Edited by spruce
Link to post
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, spruce said:

The pole manufacturers want accessories to be in house. If Unger don't make anything for their pole then you are pretty much screwed.

I know my last post wasn't helpful but that's the way it is.

When we first started window cleaning we used Unger tools. When we went wfp we used Unger Teleplus poles. There is a cone adaptor for those and an Unger Scraper.

Although I have a Gardiner scraper on my pole there are still a few occasions where we need the get the Ungerpole out of the van with a bladed scraper to remove welded on bird lime.

https://www.wintecs.co.uk/traditional/ladders-and-poles/extension-poles/unger-teleplus-pole-250-1000cm/unger-teleplus-extension-pole-upto-6-2m/

https://www.wintecs.co.uk/window-cleaning-tools/scrapers-and-blades/unger-ergotec-glass-scraper-10cm/

Sometimes to get the angle right at height we need to use an Unger angle adapter. But this is the worst tool we have on the van.

https://www.wintecs.co.uk/window-cleaning-equipment/ladders-and-poles/extension-poles/pole-accessories/unger-nylon-cranked-joint-angle-adaptor/

Spruce you're a star! Thanks so much. I do have Unger trad gear too - which does have a scraper on the side of the applicator (it's a quick release one - so won't work with my poles, but it's like a scouring pad). It's not ideal - but I could maybe buy a pole to use with this?

Again - thanks for the input!

Edited by KenBoon
Link to post
12 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I reckon with a hacksaw and a bit of initiative you could make the Gardiner one work. I'll grab a pic of mine now.

I did think I might be able to bodge it up....

 

4 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 18.19.23.png

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 18.19.55.png

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.