Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO Replacement Filters

It lists change every 6 months, it’s a bit like run your car for 4 years and don’t change your oil. 
Surely it depends how much water you put through it if 50 ltr per day it will last years if 2000 ltr per day only a few weeks or a couple of months or so ?....

I will ask the supplier Spruces question and see if they respond.
Don't hold your breath for an answer. ?

I asked Pentair how they determined the service of their Fiberdyne carbon block filters and I got no reply. They got my email.

I have just found this on the small print on one of their spec sheets. "Estimated capacity using 2ppm free available chlorine at 0.5ppm breakthrough."

So I've come to my own conclusion. The 20" Fiberdyne filter is protecting my 4040 membrane when I change it every 76000 liters on my water supply as my membrane is now 7 years old. Their stated service life is 75700 liters. I don't know how much free chlorine is in my water at any given time. If it's half their stated figures then could my carbon block last longer? I'll stick with what's working for me.

Now here's another question that also remains unanswered. The specs say that the service life is 75700 at 7.6 liters per minute. Does that mean that the service life will be longer if I'm only using 4lpm of water per minute?

Last edited by a moderator:
PF online booking wont let me order...

Has anyone ever used these replacement filters?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TOGIJ9A?pf_rd_r=H2120XD0EZ3MV2WC1CJB&pf_rd_p=e632fea2-678f-4848-9a97-bcecda59cb4e

Were they ok if you did?
I've looked at their website. They are all about r/o systems for drinking water. Their systems are all about removing the majority of the total dissolved solids in the water and ensuring good tasting water. Hence the reason why they say to change filters every 6 months. How much actual drinking water do you go through a month from the kitchen tap?

As @Iron Giant says; buy them from a recognised wfp supplier. They will be more expensive but they are the right filters for the job we require. I would always recommend Fiberdyne carbon block filters until something better comes along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back