Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Blimey, bit steep.

ks789

Was just browsing on ebay and I see what looks like a standard 4040 ro for over 4 grand!!!  ?  you'll see it on there if you look. crazeeee.

Was just browsing on ebay and I see what looks like a standard 4040 ro for over 4 grand!!!  ?  you'll see it on there if you look. crazeeee.
Someone at Collins must have been smoking Wacky Weed before setting those prices unless that includes the price of the business as well. ?  Cheap components and Chinese manufactured membrane.

Last edited by a moderator:
What you will find is that these auctions/listing have been running for a very long time and this generally helps them reach a higher position in search results. The main reason behind the ridiculous price is that they currently don't have stock but don't want to lose all the hard work with search results etc so they amend the listing at a stupid price so as not to lose the listing but aren't in danger of selling it till they amend the listing again once stock is back in. 

What you will find is that these auctions/listing have been running for a very long time and this generally helps them reach a higher position in search results. The main reason behind the ridiculous price is that they currently don't have stock but don't want to lose all the hard work with search results etc so they amend the listing at a stupid price so as not to lose the listing but aren't in danger of selling it till they amend the listing again once stock is back in. 
That’s my ‘something new’ learnt for today. I’d never have thought of that. 

Bald monkey has it spot on ?

Bald monkey has it spot on ?
I wonder what it does to their long term reputation. Someone seeing this advert for the first time is going to remember how expensive they were the next time they see an advert.

Its like you quoting £50 for a £10 job. All the potential customer will remember about you is that price you quoted.

Spot on. I wanted some filters for my fish tank they are usually around £15 but were up for over a grand until they came back on stock. 

I wonder what it does to their long term reputation. Someone seeing this advert for the first time is going to remember how expensive they were the next time they see an advert.

Its like you quoting £50 for a £10 job. All the potential customer will remember about you is that price you quoted.
Unfortunately it doesn't work like that these days.. If you went into a shop in the "olden days" and it was expensive, you are spot on that you would remember if it was dear and not return. 

These days no one really looks at the seller on amazon and eBay, just the product and price. I used to sell an automotive product on ebay and we had 8 out of the top ten most viewed/purchased product according to a website that analysed ebay rankings. 

Then we had people selling the same products for a couple of quid cheaper but our sales out stripped there's by a mile due to auction search results. 

Latest Posts

Back