Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterfed scrubber

Den

Couple o& years ago I made a waterfed scrubber used it a couple of times but didn’t like it much ? received in the post this the new Gardiner scrub pad used on a gutter facia cleaner today works great compared to my DIY jobbie lol

fit nice under the gutters and scrub is much better than the thicker pads Overall happy with it.

couple of photos to compare my diy to Gardiner’s products. 

94F7C2DD-ED58-4533-9549-ABEE21C75E65.jpeg

D5CC1160-7CF2-407E-B80F-468071C23B2E.jpeg

Just did a fist clean this afternoon with loads of black mould on the white uPVC. Came up a treat. Much better than with a brush and no chems either.
What am I missing with these pads I don t see that they are much use as they will only clean flat surfaces and wont get in corners of around gutter brackets ?.....

Was shock how easy the green came of some fascias today TBH no chemicals I would normally use ubix or no nonesense didn’t as the lower gutters soffits were overhanging a raised flower bed didn’t want the chemicals on the flowers ?  

found a good tool for my 100% fan jets @Davy G lol

What am I missing with these pads I don t see that they are much use as they will only clean flat surfaces and wont get in corners of around gutter brackets ?.....
Because the stock and pad are extra thin they get under the gutters really well and the thin pad is the same as the super scraper uses but obviously longer the thin pad is really good at scrubbing in all honestly I wasn’t expect8ng it to be as good as it. 

Used this again yesterday for a cladding clean once again no chemical due to overhanging a flower bed  I also cleaned two upstairs windows with it came up a treat  defo a handy little tool. 

Will need to get myself one of these after you lot going on about them! ? I assume you avoid touching glass with it, though, just PVC?
I cleaned two upstairs window with it yesterday wether they are designed for it or not I don’t know it was a 4 weekly maintenance clean apart from cladding I done which hadn’t been cleaned for approx three years. 

I cleaned two upstairs window with it yesterday wether they are designed for it or not I don’t know it was a 4 weekly maintenance clean apart from cladding I done which hadn’t been cleaned for approx three years. 
Think I would be afrade of it holding a bit of grit and scratching the glass ?... a brush let’s the grit flush out but that pad is flat against the glass and any foreign body will stay there .

Think I would be afrade of it holding a bit of grit and scratching the glass ?... a brush let’s the grit flush out but that pad is flat against the glass and any foreign body will stay there .
True but you can say that about the superscraper ? in all honestly I did check for any grit before I used on the windows for that very reason ?

Just been looking on gardiners site, I take it this is the quick-loq water through pad holder? I reckon I could do with one. Is it fine with standard 2m pencils? 

Just been looking on gardiners site, I take it this is the quick-loq water through pad holder? I reckon I could do with one. Is it fine with standard 2m pencils? 
I'm using 100 degree fans bought it for plastic cleans. 

Not saying it couldn't happen, but unless you put the pad in a bucket of wet sand I doubt very much you would scratch glass any more than you would with a brush. Any small particle of grit that may get on it would probably be absorbed into the mesh. It might be thin but it's still a good 8mm thick. I recon if you got a small chunk of concrete caught up in it that might do it, but outside of that I think it would be very unlikely

Back