Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First house of the day!

And that's why I had a lie in. Raining sideways up here too. I was out Monday then sacked the rest of the week off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I moved all today’s work back, had egg on my face when I woke up to blue skies ? all good though, I caught up with the shops and offices I do and moved a little pressure washing into this afternoon. Reckon that rain is just hitting us now.

5 hours ago, BigFoot said:

Working in South Wales you don’t expect it to be dry every day but...

Lol you big wimp we did a large hotel on the coast yesterday and three apartment  blocks in worse rain and wind than that , ????

@Pjj I feel your pain! I remember when I was so skint I had to chase every penny in the rain ? 
Lol it’s not chasing pennies it’s keeping on schedule with commercial work that’s done every 2-4 weeks , holidaymakers complain and try and get a reduction in price if the windows are dirty !,,,, strange but true . 

Yesterday was biblical in Cardiff mate we got drenched through to our socks and underpants Even with waterproofs on. After losing wednesday to that horrendous gale i was eager to get out. A few days behind schedule so its gotta happen at some point. 
End of the day i see it as mental prep for winter, as between wind, ice and rain you don’t get a lot else between November and march. i personally think rain is the most workable out of the three. Gotta take what you can get haven’t you. No money made sat inside with the heating on 

i had tuesday off because the weather was so bad here....so ill be working my first saturday for over a year tomorrow......

todays weather was really  bad this morning but luckily i had a fascia clean to do and the customer was out so just cracked on.....im having monday off so ive still got a 2 day break....

have a great weekend chaps....

Not a good week for myself, gutter job in pouring rain that paid £50 took 3 hours to do, couple of days off, made some pennies, not much tho. Be good to have work to do in the pouring rain n people not caring.

Not a good week for myself, gutter job in pouring rain that paid £50 took 3 hours to do, couple of days off, made some pennies, not much tho. Be good to have work to do in the pouring rain n people not caring.
Aye, I had an inside job Tuesday which I booked because of the forecast, Thursday was a washout. Working tomorrow so not to bad as I have two jobs on. Sometimes you need to work weekends if you lose days because of the weather, If you don't then work builds up and grinds you down.

Back