Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Angle adapter advice required

Aldo

Hi folks

New to WFP and looking for some advice

Have bought the Ova8 pole but have noticed the angle adapter for brushes is a round push fit socket, I was looking at some Gardiners brushes to try but they are square fit sockets, anywhere I can purchase an angle adapter that will fit the Ova8 which will allow me to try Gardiners brushes ?

@Aldo I don't know the dimensions of the ova-8 but I have an old pole from window cleaning warehouse that I wanted to put a gardiner brush on. I bought a gardiner euro thread gooseneck adapter. It has the Euro thread to screw on top of the pole then square part that fits into the gardiner brush sockets. I even converted my old window cleaning warehouse brush and put a gardiner socket on it. Links here mate:

goosneck

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-euro-screw-on-type-2-angle-adapter-gooseneck.html

And i use this swivel adapter on my old wcw brush - (there is a normal one available but I prefer the swivel):

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-straight-swivel-brush-socket-adapter.html 

The screws lined up with my old brush head no problem.

Good luck with the window cleaning mate. It's hard work but you'll love being your own boss ?.

Last edited:
@Aldo I don't know the dimensions of the ova-8 but I have an old pole from window cleaning warehouse that I wanted to put a gardiner brush on. I bought a gardiner euro thread gooseneck adapter. It has the Euro thread to screw on top of the pile and square part that fits into the gardiner brush sockets. I even converted my old window cleaning warehouse brush and put a gardiner socket on it. Links here mate:

goosneck

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-euro-screw-on-type-2-angle-adapter-gooseneck.html

And i use this swivel adapter on my old wcw brush - (there is a normal one available but I prefer the swivel):

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/quick-loqr-straight-swivel-brush-socket-adapter.html 

The screws lined up with my old brush head no problem.

Good luck with the window cleaning mate. It's hard work but you'll love being your own boss ?.
Thanks mate, really appreciated,

I’ll order one and see if i can fit it on ( just wanted to know if anyone else had used Gardiner’s brushes with the Ova8)

Had my fill working with companies and bustin my ass, just for them to reap the rewards, and I’m not shy of long hours and hard work so makes sense for me to give it go ??

Just unscrew the stock and screw on to gardener brush jobs a gooden
Aye there’s always that Adam ?

I think the only way you are going to fit a Gardiner brush to your pole is to use your ova 8 brush holder and screw the new brush onto that. You might have to redrill the holes in the brush head to suit the ova8 adaptor.

This is one of the drawbacks to buying product from a different supplier. You are then committed to buying their accessories. That's the idea: keeping sales in-house. If they don't have a good accessory inventory at a reasonable price then you are stuck with what you can get. 

I think the only way you are going to fit a Gardiner brush to your pole is to use your ova 8 brush holder and screw the new brush onto that. You might have to redrill the holes in the brush head to suit the ova8 adaptor.

This is one of the drawbacks to buying product from a different supplier. You are then committed to buying their accessories. That's the idea: keeping sales in-house. If they don't have a good accessory inventory at a reasonable price then you are stuck with what you can get. 
Yeah seems to be the way Spruce ??

Still open to suggestions though 

Afternoon Aldo. I have an ova 8 pole and have no trouble fitting gardiner brushes. You can buy the sockets from the streamline website. That is the firm who makes the ova 8`s. the 2 holes on the socket line up perfectly with the holes on the brushes so no need to drill.

I highly recommend buying a swivel they make life much easier. I would change the crappy pole hose to as it splits and kinks. Look for some higher quality anti kink stuff. One last thing make sure you stick on the little rubber boot at the bottom of the pole as this has a tendency to slip off and it helps protect the bottom of the pole. Good luck mate!

Buy a Gardiner gooseneck. Unscrew the part where you change the angle on the Ova8 Gooseneck, do the same on the Gardiner gooseneck. Then add the top part of the Gardiner gooseneck with the quickloq on to the bottom part of the Ova8 that fits in the pole. Then you can swap and change your Gardiner brushes without having to screw the back plates to each one. You can just buy them off the shelf and fit them. Hope that makes sense.

IMG_20200830_133521__01.jpg

If the angle adapter has the cerated round centre bit you can take them apart and add any type of other end you want I have done that with other poles and brushes over the year ti good effect works perfectly 

Afternoon Aldo. I have an ova 8 pole and have no trouble fitting gardiner brushes. You can buy the sockets from the streamline website. That is the firm who makes the ova 8`s. the 2 holes on the socket line up perfectly with the holes on the brushes so no need to drill.

I highly recommend buying a swivel they make life much easier. I would change the crappy pole hose to as it splits and kinks. Look for some higher quality anti kink stuff. One last thing make sure you stick on the little rubber boot at the bottom of the pole as this has a tendency to slip off and it helps protect the bottom of the pole. Good luck mate!
Thanks for the info Crystalalan, wasn’t too sure if the Gardiner brushes would fit, I’ll check streamline and see what sockets I can get, thank you for taking the time to reply mate, appreciated ??

Buy a Gardiner gooseneck. Unscrew the part where you change the angle on the Ova8 Gooseneck, do the same on the Gardiner gooseneck. Then add the top part of the Gardiner gooseneck with the quickloq on to the bottom part of the Ova8 that fits in the pole. Then you can swap and change your Gardiner brushes without having to screw the back plates to each one. You can just buy them off the shelf and fit them. Hope that makes sense.

View attachment 21731
Argh, still wet behind the ears mate, never even thought of doing that ? 

thank you ??

If the angle adapter has the cerated round centre bit you can take them apart and add any type of other end you want I have done that with other poles and brushes over the year ti good effect works perfectly 
Thanks Pjj, I’ve prob over thought my problem, you guys have came up with the simplest solutions - very grateful to you all ??

Back