Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Everyone's adaptations to wfp or equipment.

Azz1

Morning everyone. I thought why not start the day with everyone's adaptations or modifications to their wfp's or backpacks. My business is getting a bit more busier so anything I can take from this would be beneficial. Thanks ??

35cm brush.

100° fan jets x 4

Swivel.

Diy hoseless kit.

All saves time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning everyone. I thought why not start the day with everyone's adaptations or modifications to their wfp's or backpacks. My business is getting a bit more busier so anything I can take from this would be beneficial. Thanks ??
Univalve, Swivel gooseneck, 35cm brush Universal with 4 x 1.4mm jets is my current setup. Works a treat!

I'm a trolley user as it suits most of my work better than a full van system.

The best modification I made to my equipment was was to virtually halve the weight of my PF trolley by replacing the pump, battery and tyres with a 5lpm backpack styled pump, a 10ah battery and pneumatic tyres.

I thought I might have to put up with less output from the smaller pump but as it turned out the heavy Sureflo was totally unnecessary on my trolley as I seldom use more than 20m of pole hose which the smaller pump can more than cope with.

I've also switched out the electrics for a simple digital controller combined with a 40a relay, as I find the CAL feature of the full featured controllers to be frustrating when working with short lengths of PU hose.

I also use a swivel, a gooseneck valve and a tubeless setup using JG connectors and did away with 'O' clamps completely.

Changed all my systems to tank then DI ( RO in unit ) 

If we run out of water just put some in with a hose 

Also Hose Tail to Hozelock Male Connectors saves on pure for add ons 

Last edited by a moderator:
35cm brush.

100° fan jets x 4

Swivel.

Diy hoseless kit.

All saves time.
35cm brush is too heavy for day to day work

Fan jets are awful to use compared to pencil jets

Cant stand swivels....its like working with a pole with a broken gooseneck 

Hoseless not needed if you ve got decent pole hose and hot water...

Just shows how different we all are....??

Fan jets are awful to use compared to pencil jets

Cant stand swivels....its like working with a pole with a broken gooseneck 

Hoseless not needed if you ve got decent pole hose and hot water...

Just shows how different we all are....??
Fan jets are awful to use compared to pencil jets ? spot on

Have you seen the weight of the Xtreme 35cm Tapertec. Agree about the fan jets but the swivel makes our life so much easier. Anyone that complains about how hard they're to use must use far to much pressure on their pole.

We take them off to do fascia and gutter jobs and then can't believe how hard it is to get window corners.

I wish there would be some new game changing equipment brought out. Boring waiting for something new ! 
What would you like to see ?.. I cannot think of much apart from a decent rectus 21 replacement that will fit up inside the pole for tubeless conversion 

What would you like to see ?.. I cannot think of much apart from a decent rectus 21 replacement that will fit up inside the pole for tubeless conversion 
I don’t actually know to be honest. I can’t even think what should be improved either. I’m sure the experts will think of something though ?

I took part 5 and 4 of my old xtreme pole, cut it to about 120cm length. Angle adapter for euro thread fits (upside down) right in section 4. 
This super light weight pole is fitted with a univalve (need drill a hole in the euro-thread adapter part for the hose). Super duper fast for ground level work at high flow rate. Never do ground level with a 5 section pole anymore, as it slows me down. 

I took part 5 and 4 of my old xtreme pole, cut it to about 120cm length. Angle adapter for euro thread fits (upside down) right in section 4. 
This super light weight pole is fitted with a univalve (need drill a hole in the euro-thread adapter part for the hose). Super duper fast for ground level work at high flow rate. Never do ground level with a 5 section pole anymore, as it slows me down. 
You can buy a cheap couple of metre pole for that on ebay for peanuts.. I'm pretty sure @Denhas one??

Perfect for ground floor and bungalows.

you ll waste more time swapping poles than actually using one pole for both upper and lower windows!what a ridiculous idea!and if you ve got 5-10 houses to clean in a row(with no van moves),you ll be lugging 2 poles about AND you hose.......

Did something similar with an old spare pole section for doing ground floor flats behind hedges that the local council workers only cut once a year. My closed Xtreme 25 round the back of there was a nightmare. Nice short pole and brush and it's so much easier.

Latest Posts

Back