Speed controller not running under 50%

BASavage

Hi guys, 

I wonder if you could help me... I have recently bought a digital speed controller off of eBay for my pump. However, after hooking it up I can scroll through the percentage from 50% to 100% but nothing below 50. This is frustrating as I really want to be running it a lot lower. 

Confusingly, when you hit menu it runs through 5 presets, including 20%, 30% and even 1%, but it doesn't apply it to the pressure and I can't see anyway to select those presets. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience or know of a work around? 

Thanks

15988027973624326914905608532998.jpg

Unfortunately you only get what you pay for. No experience with what you've bought but most things are cheap for a reason.

Try recalibrating it, outside of that just go with the flow literally and metaphorically, the faster the water comes through the faster you can work and the faster you'll finish.

Edited by P4dstar

Have you measured the voltage output?

You might find that either the voltage is too low to run your pump when below 50% or the controller can't supply enough current to start the pump running below 50%.

That said 50% seems a very specific number! Contact the seller and ask if it's faulty.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/08/2020 at 16:56, BASavage said:

Hi guys, 

I wonder if you could help me... I have recently bought a digital speed controller off of eBay for my pump. However, after hooking it up I can scroll through the percentage from 50% to 100% but nothing below 50. This is frustrating as I really want to be running it a lot lower. 

Confusingly, when you hit menu it runs through 5 presets, including 20%, 30% and even 1%, but it doesn't apply it to the pressure and I can't see anyway to select those presets. 

Has anyone else had a similar experience or know of a work around? 

Thanks

15988027973624326914905608532998.jpg

It's faulty as the internal POT isn't at the correct calibration.

Send it back.

Stay away from ebay.. it's all garbage 

DA Components sell a basic speed controller which works and is backed by a guarantee. 

• Like 1