Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ova8 clamp fault

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi everyone,  I have had an ova8 30 ft pole for a few months,  it has been nothing but hasle. The pole clamp keeps separating from the section. Ive contacted wintecs, whom I bought it off and no help, it keeps coming off and I have de assemble my pole everytime to reattach it. Rather than replacing the section,  they want to "service the pole" as its my only pole, I will be out of work for the week tbey service it...

Hi everyone,  I have had an ova8 30 ft pole for a few months,  it has been nothing but hasle. The pole clamp keeps separating from the section. Ive contacted wintecs, whom I bought it off and no help, it keeps coming off and I have de assemble my pole everytime to reattach it. Rather than replacing the section,  they want to "service the pole" as its my only pole, I will be out of work for the week tbey service it...
Should have bought an slx ???? sorry couldn’t resist ???

buy another pole and send that one back for repair......a gardiners CLX will be a good budget pole for you if funds are tight....you should ALWAYS have at least one spare pole

If pole clamp is separating it means that the fibreglass stop tape is probably not been applied. I had a section or 2 where there was movement. Simply removed clamp, wrapped a bit of gaff a tape to the top of the section and replaced and bolted clamp tight ?‍♂️ No issues since. ... love the pole. The shape is excellent in use, especially when using pivoting brushes.

Yes, you are right, the problem i have s they said it was a fault with section, and they were going to send me a new one out. Then they changed there mind and asked to send the polebback for servicing. I haven't got time to do that as I only have one pole! My son in law had his van and a his equipment nicked, apart from his pole. So I'm doing his and my work... 

and it has just  come apart  again today in the middle of cleaning. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If pole clamp is separating it means that the fibreglass stop tape is probably not been applied. I had a section or 2 where there was movement. Simply removed clamp, wrapped a bit of gaff a tape to the top of the section and replaced and bolted clamp tight ?‍♂️ No issues since. ... love the pole. The shape is excellent in use, especially when using pivoting brushes.
Thats exactly what I did with my ova 8 and it was as good as new.

Back