Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on tank fitting

Daemon

Hi, new to the forum, first time post. I have been wfp for about 4 years and am finally getting my tank in my van. My question is, does it matter which way I mount it? It is a flat 400 ltr baffled tank. 

The reason I ask is the tank, if mounted so the baffles are across the width (right to left) of the van, means the tank takes more floor space up. If I mount it turned 90° then I have more room behind the tank for other equipment. (I hope I am clear) 

Any advice happily received. 

Daemon

I have my 650l tank mounted in (roughly) the centre of the van with the baffles going in the same direction the van faces (if that makes sense? Front to back).

Thought process as above was reduce the sloshing from left to right when going round corners, however the downside is you do look like something out of pimp my ride gently rocking back and forth when pulling up at lights.

Full or nearly empty the tank is no drama, half - 3/4 full is usually rock you to sleep time.

A guy I know mentioned something about using drainage pipe inside the tank 90 degrees to the way your baffles are positioned to reduce the rock.. but not tried it.. maybe I secretly like it

A guy I know mentioned something about using drainage pipe inside the tank 90 degrees to the way your baffles are positioned to reduce the rock.. but not tried it.. maybe I secretly like it
Another trick is to get a load of those plastic ball pit balls, drill them full of holes and fill the tank with them.

Hi, new to the forum, first time post. I have been wfp for about 4 years and am finally getting my tank in my van. My question is, does it matter which way I mount it? It is a flat 400 ltr baffled tank. 

The reason I ask is the tank, if mounted so the baffles are across the width (right to left) of the van, means the tank takes more floor space up. If I mount it turned 90° then I have more room behind the tank for other equipment. (I hope I am clear) 

Any advice happily received. 

Daemon
the best place to fit a tank in most vans is up against the bulkhead  fitted lengthways(NOT ACROSS THE BULKHEAD)....that way your not overloading either axle....and you have space down the sides for storing other equipment.....

Latest Posts

Back