Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power up reel switch

CHWS

My switch has packed in on my reel. I’m looking to change it to something like on the new power up reels. Has anybody done this or have a link to something that will be suitable on ebay? 

My switch has packed in on my reel. I’m looking to change it to something like on the new power up reels. Has anybody done this or have a link to something that will be suitable on ebay? 
Why not just replace it with the original one they only cost around £15-20 I prefer the HD one new  to the new 3 d one to be honest .

Why not just replace it with the original one they only cost around £15-20 I prefer the HD one new  to the new 3 d one to be honest .
I fancied the new one just, what don’t you like about it ? 

I have the new power up reel. And the switch packed up and they sent me the mk1 switch as the new switches their having issues with so they've gone back to what works best. I was back in action the day after mentioning it good company to deal with

I’m really lucky that I have a remote added to mine as the new 3D power up switch as not worked on a couple of occasions? Going to ring waterworks tomorrow and ask for Hd switch. 

I’m really lucky that I have a remote added to mine as the new 3D power up switch as not worked on a couple of occasions? Going to ring waterworks tomorrow and ask for Hd switch. 
Did you add your own remote ? 

I have the new power up reel. And the switch packed up and they sent me the mk1 switch as the new switches their having issues with so they've gone back to what works best. I was back in action the day after mentioning it good company to deal with
I’ve had exactly the same issue. It was playing up for 4 or 5 weeks and failed entirely half way through work today. I replaced it with the spare they gave me when I purchased the 3D once I got home and they’re sending me out the older version tomorrow. 

I’ve had exactly the same issue. It was playing up for 4 or 5 weeks and failed entirely half way through work today. I replaced it with the spare they gave me when I purchased the 3D once I got home and they’re sending me out the older version tomorrow. 
You can't argue with the customer service its mint. If it was xline they'd replace it but charge you postage costs. No costs from power up

Sent a email this evening and got a reply almost immediately from Jordan got to arrange with Emma for them to send out a HD button tomorrow, excellent customer service can't fault them ?

Not me ? I wouldn't have a clue lol, a mate installed it ? Put a short video on here a while back along with the extending roller which is very useful.
Mate can you link to this, just got a 3D installed and interested in installing a roller. Also want to stack them. Waterworks says stack is coming but no idea how long that'll take

Sent a email this evening and got a reply almost immediately from Jordan got to arrange with Emma for them to send out a HD button tomorrow, excellent customer service can't fault them ?
I bought my hd  reel a few months ago and it's been brilliant. I bought  the older model for its smaller footprint to go in my Partner. Also I'd been told Window Cleaning Warehouse customer service was poor but I cant fault them and as said they even sent me a spare switch and were significantly cheaper than  Waterworks too. 

Looks good mate. Where did you get it from? 
Same mate who installed the remote fabricated this out of box section steel works brilliant I’m over the moon with it especially as it’s from the side my set up won’t allow for under floor rollers. 

Electric reels.

extreme poles/brushes.

tubeless.

extending/adjustable rollers.

all the above have made my working day quicker and easier. 

Same mate who installed the remote fabricated this out of box section steel works brilliant I’m over the moon with it especially as it’s from the side my set up won’t allow for under floor rollers. 

Electric reels.

extreme poles/brushes.

tubeless.

extending/adjustable rollers.

all the above have made my working day quicker and easier. 
Thanks man. I have a friend who has also offered to make me some, you seen. Can I just ask how they got it to fit underneath the reel. Do you have a coupe of pictures showing this, what you used to raise the reels height? ?

Not sure if you will be able to see the brackets as they are under the  reel will try to take photos. 

Basically he use the same holes that are provide on the reel and welded the outer box section to the brackets that.

he had to cut a small square section out of the front of the reel for the box section to fit under. 

Back