Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When soft washing goes wrong

Pjj

Premium Member
We soft washed a house last week that had anodised doors , we have done hundreds very similar with no problems ever but on this job it took the anodising off to the bare aluminium , looked like it had had paint stripper put on it , I had to rub it down with wet and dry paper then re paint it with an aerosol car paint , customer was fine about it  , but just thought I would share the experience to others just as a warning , from now on I won’t be leaving the mix on for so long ???

E673BD13-A5B8-43E9-A11F-D7872EB77ED8.jpeg

5FA8A9D4-708F-43D0-A446-FD7A8903EE2B.jpeg

F8C5ECE1-D71D-4886-AF21-89730451AFFE.jpeg

PJJ

A really honest post - very rarely do we see people posting mistakes.

If experienced operators can get it wrong there's a lesson in this for everyone.
Ime a great believer in showing good and bad results it’s the only way we learn ,I still don’t know why this happened it only took the anodising off the cross  members the rest of the frames and doors were perfect , luckily it turned out ok and the customer was that happy with the results on the house she now wants all the garden walls and shed and green house doing ??

Ime a great believer in showing good and bad results it’s the only way we learn ,I still don’t know why this happened it only took the anodising off the cross  members the rest of the frames and doors were perfect , luckily it turned out ok and the customer was that happy with the results on the house she now wants all the garden walls and shed and green house doing ??
Hope you've got plenty of paint in the van ?

We soft washed a house last week that had anodised doors , we have done hundreds very similar with no problems ever but on this job it took the anodising off to the bare aluminium , looked like it had had paint stripper put on it , I had to rub it down with wet and dry paper then re paint it with an aerosol car paint , customer was fine about it  , but just thought I would share the experience to others just as a warning , from now on I won’t be leaving the mix on for so long ???

View attachment 21783

View attachment 21784

View attachment 21785
Don't put it on CIU, they'll rip you to bits ?

View attachment 21783

View attachment 21784

View attachment 21785
Bloody hell Paul that looks awful. 

Thanks for the heads up as I have those flats in basingstoke to do that I was talking to you about.

They have the painted metal windows on 1 block so will be carefull.

I reckon it must have had something on it previously to react like that though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell Paul that looks awful. 

Thanks for the heads up as I have those flats in basingstoke to do that I was talking to you about.

They have the painted metal windows on 1 block so will be carefull.

I reckon it must have had something on it previously to react like that though.
Yes it’s a strange one I was using a 3% mix and 45 muinit dwell time never had that happen before . 

View attachment 21783

View attachment 21784

View attachment 21785
Nice to see honesty and transparency. I've seen this kind of damage before.

But it was the body work of my neighbours TVR when some cowboy the next door down cleaned a gable end 

Latest Posts

Back