Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Over Hanging Tiles on Gutter

ShropsWindowCleaner

Hello all. I have a gutter job coming up that has a difficulty i’m sure many of you have experienced. Basically, i’m using a gutter vacuum, and the roof tiles overhang the gutter. Is there any way past this? Using different gutter attachments? Or do you have to concede to clearing the gutter by hand? I’m a window cleaner of many years, recently into gutter vacuuming. Thanks in advance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello all. I have a gutter job coming up that has a difficulty i’m sure many of you have experienced. Basically, i’m using a gutter vacuum, and the roof tiles overhang the gutter. Is there any way past this? Using different gutter attachments? Or do you have to concede to clearing the gutter by hand? I’m a window cleaner of many years, recently into gutter vacuuming. Thanks in advance. 
Ask Scotland cleaning services if he will come  cut them with his grinder ?

Ask Scotland cleaning services if he will come  cut them with his grinder ?

Depends how big the gap is, you can buy flat thin tools.

Depends if it’s single storey double storey or triple storey. If it’s single storey then ladder and pro gutter tool. If it double storey then get Scottish to cut them down and if it’s third storey then walk away. 

Ive got a ridged aluminium big curve thats fitted to the top of my grippa vac.Ive got a few tools crevice etc,but iam wondering if i might find the cleaning process easier with silicone bend at the top cause of the flexability i see they have?

Me personally walk away find another job to do. Rotten nails broken slates equals blame and a slate avalanche 

I've just done a house with a small gap between the tiles and gutter, had to use the thinnest tool, kept blocking the the tool with bits of cement / debris, I would have walked but it's a good customer so I persevered the best I could, 3 hours it took me, never again.  From now on I'm checking the gaps when I quote, any with small gaps I'll happily leave, just not worth it.  If you did it off a ladder it would probably be more feasible but from the ground no way, easier money out there.

I've just done a house with a small gap between the tiles and gutter, had to use the thinnest tool, kept blocking the the tool with bits of cement / debris, I would have walked but it's a good customer so I persevered the best I could, 3 hours it took me, never again.  From now on I'm checking the gaps when I quote, any with small gaps I'll happily leave, just not worth it.  If you did it off a ladder it would probably be more feasible but from the ground no way, easier money out there.
I quote £200 to £300 to cut the tiles and clear the gutter at the same time. I use a 125mm hand grinder with a diamond wheel but I use an 8' scaffold which keeps me safe and sound. ?

Back