Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Van payload weight help


chris70

Recommended Posts

First one is Gross Vehicle weight = 2185kg

2nd is gross train weight = 3135 kg ( vehicle + trailer)

3rd is max front axle load = 1080 kg

4th is max rear axle load = 1230 kg.

 

Unfortunately there is no unladen weight listed. So from weight plate no way to know load capacity.

Have a look on reg doc.

 

Link to comment

From reg 

Mass in service = 1406 kg
Max permissable mass = 2185kg 

So difference = 779kg

So 779kg is your max load. aka payload.

I think Peugeot maybe used to allocate 70kg (driver) to the 779kg to give 850kg on the older models but I think driver is included in now Mass in Service. 

I am not 100% on the driver now being included in Mass in Service so to be on safe side use 779 kg as max payload. i.e. if you are driving that only gives you 709 kg if you weigh 70 kg as payload.

 

Hope that gives you a better idea anyway.

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, chris70 said:

Listen mate thanks very much for taking time to help me out least I’ve got an idea now cheers ?

If you really want to do things properly. Go to a weigh bridge with a full fuel tank, empty van and you in and get them to measure the front then rear axle weights. Then you can use the max axle weights on plate to work out exactly where to mount your tank without overloading an axle. There was a thread on here a while ago about axle loads and calculating where to put your tank.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

If you really want to do things properly. Go to a weigh bridge with a full fuel tank, empty van and you in and get them to measure the front then rear axle weights. Then you can use the max axle weights on plate to work out exactly where to mount your tank without overloading an axle. There was a thread on here a while ago about axle loads and calculating where to put your tank.

Might do that mate did Av it weighed few weeks back with everything in it inc me and tanks full and was 2200 complete weight but didn’t know to work it all out but after what you said in post sounds like will be around 795 which would be to much weight 

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, chris70 said:

Might do that mate did Av it weighed few weeks back with everything in it inc me and tanks full and was 2200 complete weight but didn’t know to work it all out but after what you said in post sounds like will be around 795 which would be to much weight 

So about 15 kg over max. You should be able to manage to remove 15 kg without changing tanks even if you just put a mark on your tank a little way down from top. Then only top up to mark. That should reduce your load enough to be legal. If you want to calk 15 kg its 15 liters or 15,000 cubic centimeters so measure tank across top both ways in cm. Then multiply 2 measurements together and divide 15,000 by the result. That should give you a cm dimension. If you use that dimension to measure down from top and put a mark. Then only fill to mark and you should be fine unless you add a passenger or more kit.

Just out of curiosity what tank volume do you have?

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

So about 15 kg over max. You should be able to manage to remove 15 kg without changing tanks even if you just put a mark on your tank a little way down from top. Then only top up to mark. That should reduce your load enough to be legal. If you want to calk 15 kg its 15 liters or 15,000 cubic centimeters so measure tank across top both ways in cm. Then multiply 2 measurements together and divide 15,000 by the result. That should give you a cm dimension. If you use that dimension to measure down from top and put a mark. Then only fill to mark and you should be fine unless you add a passenger or more kit.

Just out of curiosity what tank volume do you have?

yeah think I will have to do that mate fill it less I have 500l tank 

Link to comment

Had exact same headache trying to figure out my van’s payload. A lot of conversations with Peugeot proved fruitless. I’m the end I did as above and went to a weigh bridge with a empty van but a full tank of diesel, and got the weight from them (with me) then subtracted that from the GVW to get my payload capacity. Was less than I needed it to be but that’s life, lol!

Link to comment
7 hours ago, chris70 said:

yeah think I will have to do that mate fill it less I have 500l tank 

Your tank water will reduce throughout the day anyways so I wouldn’t wurry about being 15kg over

  • Like 2
Link to comment
15 hours ago, ched999uk said:

From reg 

Mass in service = 1406 kg
Max permissable mass = 2185kg 

So difference = 779kg

So 779kg is your max load. aka payload.

I think Peugeot maybe used to allocate 70kg (driver) to the 779kg to give 850kg on the older models but I think driver is included in now Mass in Service. 

I am not 100% on the driver now being included in Mass in Service so to be on safe side use 779 kg as max payload. i.e. if you are driving that only gives you 709 kg if you weigh 70 kg as payload.

 

Hope that gives you a better idea anyway.

On the early Berlingos and Partners they allowed 70kgs as a driver's weight.

I seem to think its now 50kgs. I remember asking myself how many driver's weigh 50kgs.

Edited by spruce
Link to comment
3 hours ago, spruce said:

On the early Berlingos and Partners they allowed 70kgs as a driver's weight.

I seem to think its now 50kgs. I remember asking myself how many driver's weigh 50kgs.

Put @Part Timer& @Den together in a Berlingo and they might exceed the vans payload  ?

Edited by Iron Giant
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Just now, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

That's not 100% accurate unfortunately (Grippa do say so). According to it my van's payload is over 1000kg but its in fact around 900kg.

I think the Van's payload is when stripped down so the bulkhead, spare wheel etc reduces the actual payload.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Just now, Part Timer said:

I think the Van's payload is when stripped down so the bulkhead, spare wheel etc reduces the actual payload.

Yes I do agree, though how much does a spare wheel way? When I got mine done it only had the spare and some ply lining, plus a full tank and me (100kg, lol!) But as you said the weights aren't 100% accurate, but always best to err on the side of caution. 

Link to comment

Was better with my vivaro never had to worry about it but lease was up so went back I should Av bought same size van instead of downsizing this time didn’t think it though properly maybe will fill tank to 400ltr instead of 500 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Master Jedi Alejandro said:

That's not 100% accurate unfortunately (Grippa do say so). According to it my van's payload is over 1000kg but its in fact around 900kg.

It has to be a real problem getting those figures. Both my old Citroen Relay and now this Peugeot Boxer are accurate. But then PSA didn't have a wide spread variety of vehicle variants.

In earlier days Ford Transits were a problem because they did so many models around say a T280. There is obviously a difference in payload between the swb std roof, medium roof and high roof. Then there was a front wheel drive or rear wheel drive variant and the choice between a 2.0tdci engine or a 2.2tdci. They even had the Tddi around at some point as well. All had different engine weights. A factory fit steel bulkhead would have reduced the payload a little more.

Although the weight difference between a passenger bench seat and a single seat wasn't much, it still was an either or option that would have impacted on the payload.

Edited by spruce
Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept