Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upvc cleaning gutters facias ect

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tutster

Hi all I seem to be getting more and more Upvc cleaning work gutters facias and conservatories I've always done these using a soft brush and usually working from a ladder but it's slow awkward and knackering can anyone point me in the right direction for a water fed pole system including the pump required it's a minefield on Google looking I don't mind paying for something what will be fit for purpose as the saying goes you pay cheap you pay twice any feedback would be very welcome thankyou 

Last edited by a moderator:
As @ched999uksaid a gardiner backpack and a pole, a clx is the cheapest good pole from gardiner but for about 50% more a SLX is better.

For all the jobs your describing i use an old gardener sill brush and pencil jets for connys but i use fan jets for GFS work, get 2 pairs of each jets (50degree fan, 2mm pencil is my pref) as they can snap and youll find your preference 

Amen to that. I’m doing at least 5 a week at the moment, on top of windows, and right now my shoulders are on fire. 
Ive got one this morning shes gonna be an awkward cow!!!

End terrace, 8mtrs each sideplus downpipes plus window clean £95.00

Shes phoned and asked if i can also do garage while in there which i know is in a worse state and is probably another 16-20mtrs of guttering shes not gonna like being told that its another £50 people assume Garages are nowhere near as expensive as houses, but similar job = similar prices.

Ive got one this morning shes gonna be an awkward cow!!!

End terrace, 8mtrs each sideplus downpipes plus window clean £95.00

Shes phoned and asked if i can also do garage while in there which i know is in a worse state and is probably another 16-20mtrs of guttering shes not gonna like being told that its another £50 people assume Garages are nowhere near as expensive as houses, but similar job = similar prices.
“Can you just go over that quickly whilst you’re here!” 

As @ched999uksaid a gardiner backpack and a pole, a clx is the cheapest good pole from gardiner but for about 50% more a SLX is better.

For all the jobs your describing i use an old gardener sill brush and pencil jets for connys but i use fan jets for GFS work, get 2 pairs of each jets (50degree fan, 2mm pencil is my pref) as they can snap and youll find your preference 

Thankyou for the information when you say clx and slx is this also a Gardiner product any links would be very welcome thanks again 

If you don’t want to cough up for a backpack just for applying chemicals, get a pump sprayer from Wilkos for a tenner. Chop the trigger lance off and fit a female EZ connector. Job done ??‍?

Does that give enough pressure for first floor gutters?
Ive got a pump n dump ronseal paint sprayer that i used to use for applying tfr to gutters before i got a 2nd (& 3rd) backpack. Youll be suprised how high they will go. I can get any 2nd story gutters but doubt id get a town house unless zero wind

Back