Jump to content

Winter Work Gloves 2020


Recommended Posts

Has anyone got any decent recommendations for hard wearing winter work gloves other than SHOWA 282.

The Showa Gloves are great but they they don't last that long especially once they have been washed either my hand or machine the fleece lining inside just comes away from the finger tips and then it they wont go back into place.

 

 

Link to post

I no mate its a PIA ....... Would be nice to get a pair that got me through a winter.. Just cut out the fleece out of my current Showas today.. They havent even been that heavily used. Bought in May..

Link to post
21 minutes ago, THL4KEL said:

Has anyone got any decent recommendations for hard wearing winter work gloves other than SHOWA 282.

The Showa Gloves are great but they they don't last that long especially once they have been washed either my hand or machine the fleece lining inside just comes away from the finger tips and then it they wont go back into place.

 

 

Put your fingers in the fleece and then put your hand in the glove. If it works for my shovels it should with you

Link to post

Even a single pair that kept my hands warm and dry for single day would be like human evolution, most gloves last hours before leaking or within a few working days in terms of total wear they wear between the thumb and fore-finger and let water in which is pish poor in this day and age, 

If a firm manages to make the perfect window cleaning glove they should be given a medal or awarded a prize, it ain't happened in 20 years and I don't see it happening anytime soon. 

Link to post
37 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Wasting your time asking that on here. Most never wear gloves, only shorts and a string vest all year round 👀

That's @Dave B standard attire, with a pair of wellies.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
13 minutes ago, Dave B said:

Haha.. no mate only when pressure washing.. I'm not smurf🤣

Could this be you when softwashing 🤔

Alchemist Smurf

A Smurf with an unusual interest in doing his own chemical and magical experiments making him the residential alchemist.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
2 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Put your fingers in the fleece and then put your hand in the glove. If it works for my shovels it should with you

I wear them for a job then take them off till I get to the next job, don't like driving in them. I lose to much time messing about getting them on the once. I did start just cutting the inner fingers out, but it was easier just to cut out the fleece...

 

Link to post
1 minute ago, THL4KEL said:

I wear them for a job then take them off till I get to the next job, don't like driving in them. I lose to much time messing about getting them on the once. I did start just cutting the inner fingers out, but it was easier just to cut out the fleece...

 

If you pull the fleece all the way out and then insert fingers into the inverted fleece, to your knuckles, it's then easy to push the fleece back in, but as you've cut it out  now you can't try this method 😄

Link to post

I use skytec argon gloves. There reasonably warm but not totally waterproof. The good thing is you can get 5 pairs for about £30. I take 2 pairs out a day and change if they get soaked through. Then leave them drying the next day and take out a different 2 pairs. Stops them getting to smelly. You can wash them but there a pain getting your fingers back in the lining

Link to post
scottish cleaning service

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/showa-282-temres-breathable-waterproof-thermal-gloves.html

We found these gloves were the best for pole work. 😉

Link to post

If you buy a couple of showa  282s and take them off inbetween jobs and turn the palms inside out (leaving fingers normal way round) and put them or the dash to air out, i find they don't stink and need washing at all - so they last until punctured with rose Bush or something.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.