Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Winter Work Gloves 2020

THL4KEL

Has anyone got any decent recommendations for hard wearing winter work gloves other than SHOWA 282.

The Showa Gloves are great but they they don't last that long especially once they have been washed either my hand or machine the fleece lining inside just comes away from the finger tips and then it they wont go back into place.

Same as every year mate, you are searching for the Holy Grail no matter how many gloves are made not one single firm can produce a 5* window cleaning glove. 

I no mate its a PIA ....... Would be nice to get a pair that got me through a winter.. Just cut out the fleece out of my current Showas today.. They havent even been that heavily used. Bought in May..

Has anyone got any decent recommendations for hard wearing winter work gloves other than SHOWA 282.

The Showa Gloves are great but they they don't last that long especially once they have been washed either my hand or machine the fleece lining inside just comes away from the finger tips and then it they wont go back into place.
Put your fingers in the fleece and then put your hand in the glove. If it works for my shovels it should with you

Even a single pair that kept my hands warm and dry for single day would be like human evolution, most gloves last hours before leaking or within a few working days in terms of total wear they wear between the thumb and fore-finger and let water in which is pish poor in this day and age, 

If a firm manages to make the perfect window cleaning glove they should be given a medal or awarded a prize, it ain't happened in 20 years and I don't see it happening anytime soon. 

Put your fingers in the fleece and then put your hand in the glove. If it works for my shovels it should with you
I wear them for a job then take them off till I get to the next job, don't like driving in them. I lose to much time messing about getting them on the once. I did start just cutting the inner fingers out, but it was easier just to cut out the fleece...

I wear them for a job then take them off till I get to the next job, don't like driving in them. I lose to much time messing about getting them on the once. I did start just cutting the inner fingers out, but it was easier just to cut out the fleece...
If you pull the fleece all the way out and then insert fingers into the inverted fleece, to your knuckles, it's then easy to push the fleece back in, but as you've cut it out  now you can't try this method ?

I use skytec argon gloves. There reasonably warm but not totally waterproof. The good thing is you can get 5 pairs for about £30. I take 2 pairs out a day and change if they get soaked through. Then leave them drying the next day and take out a different 2 pairs. Stops them getting to smelly. You can wash them but there a pain getting your fingers back in the lining

If you buy a couple of showa  282s and take them off inbetween jobs and turn the palms inside out (leaving fingers normal way round) and put them or the dash to air out, i find they don't stink and need washing at all - so they last until punctured with rose Bush or something.

i wear showa 377s in winter...totally waterproof with nitrile gloves worn underneath(this stops your hands smelling)...they last around 2 or 3 months...i bought 10 pairs from arco for £70......

Back