Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter camera advice please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

I have a grippa gutter vac but .iam not very pleased with the moniter mount.I find it very fiddley same with the camera mount. It seams to me that Sky vac have the best mounts.pure  &  simple clip staight on anywhere, same at the top,Bobs your uncle.How ever theres a company called GutterForce they advertise on ebay,and say they dont like gutter Pole attatchments ,as the camera could fall down on your head and promote there wfp camera mount as the safest out there due to larger fixing screw.I also dont feel very confident that my moniter could fall of my mount,as their just small clips.To be clear,if when working, i cant see properly,because of the moniters position i have  to slacken of two wing nuts ,adjust,re tighten the two wingnuts again.where as with the sky vac,it seams you just grab the moniter and pull into plain sight.I think they ve got what is Know as cup clips on the back.I would like something like that.Theres another Gutter Vacuum Systems they have a quick release lever a bit like on a bicycle wheel,a phone or monitor holder on a flexy strip of metal.i think that would grip my monitor more securely.Lastley,whoes got the clearest camera and screen.Thanks

We have the skyvac camera system and I had the camera come off the vac pole whilst working had to suck it up with the vac to retrieve it as was 4 storeys high ??? spoke to several people and all said don’t  use the camera on the vac pole , so now we vac the gutters and check as nessasary with the camera on wfp , to be honest once you have a bit of experience with a vac you can feel when it’s clear it’s only on very rare occasions we have had to go over a bit again 

Yes thanks Part Timer,I remember you saying this a while back.Have you got any info on yours where i might buy one.I have the grippa max Bullit camera and record monitor,it still has the protective plastic film on the screan from the previous owner.i should take it off realy cause iam not happy with the resolution,to be fair its passable with it on.

PJJ is yours a Sky Vac moniter? Would that gripp my SLX 18?Ill keep a look out for one of those clipps see if i can fix one to my moniter

Any one know how go pro and mobile phone resolution compares?

Yes thanks Part Timer,I remember you saying this a while back.Have you got any info on yours where i might buy one.I have the grippa max Bullit camera and record monitor,it still has the protective plastic film on the screan from the previous owner.i should take it off realy cause iam not happy with the resolution,to be fair its passable with it on.

PJJ is yours a Sky Vac moniter? Would that gripp my SLX 18?Ill keep a look out for one of those clipps see if i can fix one to my moniter

Any one know how go pro and mobile phone resolution compares?
Yes it’s a sky vac one it’s a loose fit on an slx 18 but if you put a few turns of insulation tape on the pole it would be fine , to be honest a slx 18 isn’t going to be long enough to be looking in many gutters , the photos are with it in a slx 18 

2CD2E4FF-0988-42DD-946B-F8204488BBA9.jpeg

C027A76A-A54A-44C2-9949-1CC66CA0C605.jpeg

Yes thanks very muchPJJ ive found those clipps on my pc last night,various places,their called Terry clips,I can see into gutters with slx 18.If i stand on custys shoulders.

My monitor and camera,have to be charged the night before a job,all 3 pin mains.Does any one know please if i can get a in car charger,say from the cigar lighter socket to do the job,i could always call Grippa i suppose.but at the moment,a custy says what are my gutters like,ivegot to get the ladders out

Yes thanks very muchPJJ ive found those clipps on my pc last night,various places,their called Terry clips,I can see into gutters with slx 18.If i stand on custys shoulders.

My monitor and camera,have to be charged the night before a job,all 3 pin mains.Does any one know please if i can get a in car charger,say from the cigar lighter socket to do the job,i could always call Grippa i suppose.but at the moment,a custy says what are my gutters like,ivegot to get the ladders out
The one I have can be charged from the cigarette lighter , but like @Part Timersaid they arnt the best of cameras but I think they are good enough see if a gutter is clear or not and identify the problem , for the picture quality I think they are expensive but mine came with the vac when I bought it .

Sorry mate don't recall,, if I did I'd buy another. 
I’ve got this version and previous version of cheap Chinese camera. The previous version is just a round cylinder shape. Held on with terry clips. This is the updated version from the same manufacturer. It now has a screw mount better battery life and better switch.  Got it from EBay at the start of the year and haven’t used it yet as the old one is still going strong. I’ve always used a camera whilst vacing. At the moment they aren’t on eBay. 

I do some big jobs and the camera only lasts about 4 hours. No good when you're on site for over 6. Don't really want to be sitting in the van charging when there's work to be done.
We vac a section then check it with the camera we dont continuously have it on , it’s only on an odd occasion that we have to re do a bit .

I've got one but how many things do you want to carry around. Genie, gutter vac with additional poles and tools, camera, screen, pro tools and WFP take a lot of time up moving around. Then having to charge camera isn't possible if using.
Would it pay to have another camera as a second camera. Have it fully charged waiting to go. If the first one goes flat on a big job just swap them over. Then charge them both when you get home. 

Go pro. Two spare batteries on constant charge in the van (via additional USB socket in back). Simple as. 
The one I tried kept losing signal past 30'

We vac a section then check it with the camera we dont continuously have it on , it’s only on an odd occasion that we have to re do a bit .
No good if you need to record unfortunately 

Back