Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer soon crying scratched glass?

Azz1

Hello everyone. My luck is never good. ATM they aren't saying anything. But I have a feeling that they may soon start to as they keep coming out inspecting my work casually and going back in, sometimes rubbing the glass. They are scratches anyway on the glass but I believe they were on there anyway. In the sun light you can see them more from the inside looking out, as it is a shop. The other shops I do, are next door etc and they are ok. Advice Please ? Thank You

The sun is low this time of year so any scratches will show up easier. I very much doubt you are going to cause any scratches with wfp or trad really. If they complain explain low sun, show them your tools, look at direction of work location of scratches etc and how it's virtually impossible for you to scratch.  Plus as the windows were dirty how on earth do they know it was you?

If your worried and they are yet to say anything, could you potentially just sack them off? It’s annoying but if it will make you feel safer. Once the trust is gone it’s gone, unfortunately. 

If your worried and they are yet to say anything, could you potentially just sack them off? It’s annoying but if it will make you feel safer. Once the trust is gone it’s gone, unfortunately. 
But this isn't an actual problem, its a perceived one; by the window cleaner.

@Azz1, just carry on and react when a problem or issue actually arises. They could just be of that race that don't trust you to do a good job and need to keep checking.  You just can't second guess a customer. You have the advise from @Master Jedi Alejandro; if you aren't happy with the customer intrusions then call it quits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to say guys...there’s a thing called hailstones that happen once or twice a year, all those hailstones are more than likely to cause dozens of minor scratches. Not to mention birds hitting windows, pets scratching at doors and windows, all the **** the wind blows at them. Manufacturing and transportation defects. Taking all of this in to consideration how could someone ever pin scratching on a window cleaner ? 

Agreeing with the other guys yes if someone was behaving in that manner they would be getting dropped. Odd behaviour is usually a sign of bad news further down the line. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back