Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advertising Question.

carp boy

Hi Guys , new to the forum and new to the window cleaning business. Can any one tell me if its worth having your business name , logo , contact details etc embroided on your work wear etc when working as well as when say ....shopping at tescos . Do you get many taps on the shoulder sort of thing .?

Thanks.

Hi Guys , new to the forum and new to the window cleaning business. Can any one tell me if its worth having your business name , logo , contact details etc embroided on your work wear etc when working as well as when say ....shopping at tescos . Do you get many taps on the shoulder sort of thing .?

Thanks.
Welcome to the house of fun. ?

"Every little helps." as Tesco say. We have our business name and logo on our uniforms. That's important to us so we look professional. Customers and their neighbours are put at ease when we arrive. We don't have our contact details on the uniform. I prefer not to have the uniform too cluttered and possibly needy looking with phone number. Our business contact details can be found on Google, on our sign-written van and in local ad mags. I also don't think people would be comfortable staring at us while they note down the number.

I carry a wallet with me at all times when working. This has our four types of business cards, three small Ziploc bags for new customers to leave subsequent payments in, a small amount of float for leaving change and a small pen. I simply hand walk-ups a card or more often than not quote while there. In which case I will write the first clean price and the 6 weekly maintenance clean price on the back of the card and put it in a Ziploc bag for them to leave the payments in, if they agree to hire us.

I'm rarely in uniform to get walk-ups when I'm not near the van working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the house of fun. ?

"Every little helps." as Tesco say. We have our business name and logo on our uniforms. That's important to us so we look professional. Customers and their neighbours are put at ease when we arrive. We don't have our contact details on the uniform. I prefer not to have the uniform too cluttered and possibly needy looking with phone number. Our business contact details can be found on Google, on our sign-written van and in local ad mags. I also don't think people would be comfortable staring at us while they note down the number.

I carry a wallet with me at all times when working. This has our four types of business cards, three small Ziploc bags for new customers to leave subsequent payments in, a small amount of float for leaving change and a small pen. I simply hand walk-ups a card or more often than not quote while there.

I'm rarely in uniform to get walk-ups when I'm not near the van working.
Great. Iove the thought of no contact numbers on uniform as comes across as needy... Top quality advise.  Professional approach. 

The simple truth is that unless you are some scroaty ladder monkey who just wants to rip people off and only cares about his next beer or line of coke, then yes you should always turn out in a well presented, logo'ed uniform at all times

Much to my Wife's disgust I wear my next days work polo at night to go to the pub and have picked up 2 jobs. I have had far more jobs from parking my sign written van at Morrisons, other supermarkets available. We have a logo and company name embroidered on the left chest, nothing on the back though.

Thanks.
Never had a tap. but Van writing, yes. Quite a few. 

I think the best is a clean sign-written van but I would keep it simple. In future I will only have 4 subjects written on the side of my van. Window cleaner, Gutter cleaner, Roof cleaner and Driveway/Patio cleaner. that's all, nice and simple and easy to read. We learn as we go along and when you have been going 3 years the repeat business and word of mouth start to come in. That's what I am finding now.

Dunno what’s worse, being bald or ginger ?
In my case, I reckon being bald but it doesn't bother me now like it did when it started in my twenties.

When it comes to the ladies, fiery redhead is my favourite colour by far.

Back