Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Retrofit wheels to a genny ?

Davycrocket

Has anybody put wheels on a generator before ?

Ideally I'd like to have the gutter vac on board too but not to bothered if not, I just need to get closer to jobs without running yards of cable and leaving the van side door open out of sight.

Where would I get some wheels ??

I knew somebody had one on here but that they was mega cash !

On another forum that shall remain nameless a fella built one with a positive displacement pump which to be fair is an absolute beast of a machine.

Parts aren't cheap though ?

If I had the amount of work you turnover I'd buy one no question,  but looking like it will be a genny on some kind of wheeled frame with a fabricated area to sit the vac on. Do you reckon its do able ?

If I had the amount of work you turnover I'd buy one no question,  but looking like it will be a genny on some kind of wheeled frame with a fabricated area to sit the vac on. Do you reckon its do able ?
I had an omnivac and separate genie before worked fine just a pain moving the two things especially if having to take it up or down steps or on large commercial 

Has anybody put wheels on a generator before ?

Ideally I'd like to have the gutter vac on board too but not to bothered if not, I just need to get closer to jobs without running yards of cable and leaving the van side door open out of sight.

Where would I get some wheels ??
certain generator frames have and axle tube welded into the frame but my best top secret tip is go to your nearest tesco express store at silly O'clock and long term borrow a Warburtons orange bread tray castor base 

They hold generators securely from a 2.2 to 6.4kva 

basco-omega-dolly.jpg

Hi Austin

Not sure that would work on uneven ground etc wouldn't the wheels bog down ?
It worked for me with a small ratchet strap securing the generator and a simple rope pull handle. If you go to B&Q you can buy wheels for sack trucks, wheelbarrows and ladders etc. 

Why don't you get two 8" wheels to threaded m10 rod and put some wheels on your generator.  Very simple. Or a machine mart hand cart? Many ways to solve a simple problem 

It worked for me with a small ratchet strap securing the generator and a simple rope pull handle. If you go to B&Q you can buy wheels for sack trucks, wheelbarrows and ladders etc. 

Why don't you get two 8" wheels to threaded m10 rod and put some wheels on your generator.  Very simple. Or a machine mart hand cart? Many ways to solve a simple problem 
Are the 8 inch wheels available from b & q ? Sounds like thats the way ahead, cheers Austin

Are the 8 inch wheels available from b & q ? Sounds like thats the way ahead, cheers Austin
Your average sack truck wheels are available in all stores along with homebase i do believe from my last visit.

However, I would personally spend a little extra and opt for puncture proof. Less shock absorbency but no risk or damaging them on rough terrain.

Machine mart sell them in yellow but their website is down 

B&Q sell all the associated hardware to build and axle such as m12 treaded bar, with brackets etc. Also you may want a heavy duty single castor for your leading wheel 

2x small exhausts clamps from euro car parts or Halfords for attaching directly 

Hope that helps you mate.

All the best 

Austin 

Screenshot_20201007-181041_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201007-180648_Chrome.jpg

Latest Posts

Back