Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Backpack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hyzer373

Is not working, when switch it on light is on green, turn flow switch on it clicks but there’s no rumbling sound? 
doesn’t work on full power settting either...

Ive opened it up and checked everything all connections are fine, I’ve charged it just incase the lights were not right but no nothing happens, any help please @Alex Gardiner or any others.

Luckily I’ve got the other backpack where I replaced flow controller but I need backup as if it breaks down I’m screwed so want to get this fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wiring inside isn't great colour code wise but the twist connectors are great for in field repairs.

You really need a multimeter to see where voltage is and isn't. Ideally test you have 12v at battery or try your backup back pack battery to test?

If you have 12v at your battery then check the fuse and then see what voltage you have at the pump when switched to full power.

Is not working, when switch it on light is on green, turn flow switch on it clicks but there’s no rumbling sound? 
doesn’t work on full power settting either...

Ive opened it up and checked everything all connections are fine, I’ve charged it just incase the lights were not right but no nothing happens, any help please @Alex Gardiner or any others.

Luckily I’ve got the other backpack where I replaced flow controller but I need backup as if it breaks down I’m screwed so want to get this fixed.
Hi Hyzer

Most likely cause is either a loose wire or a broken wire - if you remove the base (6 screws) and remove the battery tray (4 screws) then this will allow you to find which wire is loose. It most probably will be either a wire to the switch or to the pump that has come loose.

Here is a wiring diagram for backpacks with Twist Connections

The other thing to check is that the pump isn't 'not switching on' because the water in the hose has reached pressure and cannot move because the pole connector is not properly engaged and connected. If you are using the backpack with a Hozelock style end connector it is worth removing this connector from the backpack orange hose and working with an open flow to check for this.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other thing to check is that the pump isn't 'not switching on' because the water in the hose has reached pressure and cannot move because the pole connector is not properly engaged and connected. If you are using the backpack with a Hozelock style end connector it is worth removing this connector form the backpack orange hose and working with an open flow to check for this.
Hi Alex this was the problem, it’s working now, thank you mate ?

Back