Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to make hot pure RO Water ? (I am a new Member)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Rudi

Hello dear Community :)

I am very new here, and I decided to sign up because I am looking for a Solution how to clean windows with my water fed pole using hot water.

Short about me: 
I am a 28 years old austrian building cleaner and I also made an apprentice ship as a building cleaner when I was 15.
3 years ago I decided to start up my own company and I am only focused and specialized to clean glass facades / windows that are very high and winter garden that are made out of glass.

I have a Unger RO40C as a RO Filter combined with Gardiner Poles and Unger Carbon Poles. I also have a 700 Litre water tank with build in water pump.

Now i want to upgrade my system with hot water, so I can clean windows more efficient.

But there seems to be no solution for it or a hot water heater for ro water. 

I hope you guys can help me !.

Cheer´s ! 

Hello dear Community ?

I am very new here, and I decided to sign up because I am looking for a Solution how to clean windows with my water fed pole using hot water.

Short about me: 
I am a 28 years old austrian building cleaner and I also made an apprentice ship as a building cleaner when I was 15.
3 years ago I decided to start up my own company and I am only focused and specialized to clean glass facades / windows that are very high and winter garden that are made out of glass.

I have a Unger RO40C as a RO Filter combined with Gardiner Poles and Unger Carbon Poles. I also have a 700 Litre water tank with build in water pump.

Now i want to upgrade my system with hot water, so I can clean windows more efficient.

But there seems to be no solution for it or a hot water heater for ro water. 

I hope you guys can help me !.

Cheer´s ! 

Welcome to the forum.

I can understand why you would like hot water especially with freezing winters in Austria.

I think you need to explain to us a little more how your system operates. I understand that the Unger RO40C filters water on demand by plugging into your customers water supply with a second hose to a nearby drain. What I don't understand is the 700 liter tank with pump you mention.

If this tank is in a van and you also fill this with pure water, then you have 3 options.

The safest is an inline diesel heater that heats the water going to your brush head. Most wfp suppliers in the UK sell them. But they are expensive and not portable.

The second is a electric heating element in your tank, but you need an outside power supply with the correct size cabling to power it. (A 3kw element would need a 16 amp cable to supply enough current safely.)

The 3rd less advisable way is a gas tankless water heater.  We have seen a second trolley fitted with a gas bottle and heater that heats the pure water produced by the r/o to the pole while you are cleaning. But you can't use these indoors but they can be taken up to roof tops to clean roof top garden glass structures.

Hey Spruce,

Thank you for you long and extensive and comprehensive answer !
After long research , I finally decide to buy a 32 kw Gas water heater whitch gives me instantly hot water !

It cost about 400€instead of 10.000 Euro for the steamline hot box.
One Main reason why i bought it is of course it is 25x Cheaper !!!! than the hotbox.
Gas and Diesel costs are quite the same. Well Gas is more cheaper !

The other reason is, that I could mount the portable gas heater on the wall instead of the ground.
And beside that reason, Gas does not stink . That smell of diesel when it gets burned is horrible IMO.

I really appreciate your answer. I now used the 32kw gas heater for 2 weeks. 3 Users can work with 70° C hot Water with a useage of about 15 liters/minute. Really insane

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Spruce,

Thank you for you long and extensive and comprehensive answer !
After long research , I finally decide to buy a 32 kw Gas water heater whitch gives me instantly hot water !

It cost about 400€instead of 10.000 Euro for the steamline hot box.
One Main reason why i bought it is of course it is 25x Cheaper !!!! than the hotbox.
Gas and Diesel costs are quite the same. Well Gas is more cheaper !

The other reason is, that I could mount the portable gas heater on the wall instead of the ground.
And beside that reason, Gas does not stink . That smell of diesel when it gets burned is horrible IMO.

I really appreciate your answer. I now used the 32kw gas heater for 2 weeks. 3 Users can work with 70° C hot Water with a useage of about 15 liters/minute. Really insane

These gas heaters need to be bleed down if in the cold and water not used. Water freezing inside water will damage them. Thanks for letting us know what you decided to do.

Back